Chapter 1: Molly's POV

My alarm rings for the fifth time when I finally turn it off. I just finished getting dressed. I'm on time today, like always. I look around the room to make sure I don't forget anything. I straighten up in the mirror before I leave my room. I run across the hall and bang on the door like I do every morning.

"Go away!" My brother, Oliver yells. I keep banging on the door. I hear him groan loudly. I'm pretty sure I heard the pillow hit the door.

"Come on, wake up!" I yell and continue to bang on the door. I keep banging until my other brother, Evan, opens the door. "Rise and shine, you losers," I say. Evan shoots a death glare at me. So, it is my average Monday morning.

"I'm going to murder you," Evan says and slams the door in my face. I roll my eyes and knock again. I hear someone yell into their pillow, most likely Evan.

"I'll give you five minutes before I come back," I say and go downstairs. Right when I leave the staircase, I am pelted with nerf bullets. What the-! I look to see my brothers looking at me in fear. "5... 4..."

"Sorry, Molly. We thought you were Oliver," Flynn, one of them, says. His twin, Jesse, nods in agreement. I sigh and look at them. My patience has its limits, and they are always so close to meeting them. I grab Flynn and ruffle his hair.

"Next time, I'll take that gun from you and shoot you with it, understand?" I say then lean down so only they could hear me. "If you really want to get Oliver, you should use squirt guns instead," I whisper and let go of Flynn. They both nod and run upstairs to probably find their squirt guns and shoot their original target. As much as I want to watch Oliver get shot with water, I think it is better to stay out of it this time.

I walk into the kitchen to find my mom cooking breakfast and my dad on his phone. I sit down at the dining table as my dad gets up.

"I have to go to the office. I will be back late again today." He kisses my mom on the forehead. She goes stiff when he does so.

"You've been working late a lot. Is everything okay at the office?" My mom asks him.

"Everything is fine. It is just a small problem," my dad says and leaves. He doesn't say goodbye to me, like normal, or even acknowledge me.

I look at my mom who seems a little worried, but she shakes it off and finishes breakfast. I get a plate and start eating. My mom now is standing at the counter pouring herself a cup of coffee. She wasn't paying attention and overflowed the cup. It isn't the first time she did this. This happens every time my dad worked late. I'd rather not think about what she is worried about.

"I am going to kill you, you little shitheads!" I hear Oliver yell, and the twins laugh. This breaks my mom out of her trance. She realizes what happened and cleans the mess as fast as possible. The twins run down the stairs and into the kitchen to hide behind Mom, who finished cleaning the spill. Oliver chases after them.

"Language! Now, what is going on here?" Mom asks Oliver, who looks like a tired mess and is soaked with water.

"I was sleeping when these monsters start shooting me with their water guns," Oliver says, shooting daggers at the twins. They stick their tongues out at him. He reaches for them, but they hid farther behind Mom.

"Maybe if you didn't stay up playing video games, you would've not gotten shot in your sleep," I tell him and take a bite of my breakfast. I could feel him turning the daggers toward me, but I wouldn't let him win this one.

"You have no room to talk, Miss Studies Until Three In The Morning," Oliver argues. I laugh at him. What kind of argument is that?

"Yeah, and my grades are better than yours. It's hard to believe your my twin brother," I tell him. He hits me in the back of the head. "You asked for it," I say and punch him in the arm. He shoves me, and I get up out of my seat and put him in a head lock as he tries to twist my arms into a snakebite.