Chapter 2: Aidan POV

Her eyes are green. Light green. I would've thought about asking her out until I realized she is friends with Jack Anderson. There is nothing wrong with Jack, it's just that he probably ruined my chances with his green eyed friend. There is enough proof when he said that I couldn't keep interest in a girl for longer than a month. I'll prove him wrong though. I just wonder how.

After Josh and Dylan are dragged off by Mr. Hobbs, Jack and his friend separated ways. She is going in the same direction as me. I don't think much of it until she walks into Algebra, my Algebra class. This girl is in my Algebra class, and I've never noticed. Actually, it makes sense. I never paid attention to anything in Algebra.

As the class went on, I found myself looking at the green eyed girl more. She seems familiar to me. I just can't tell how. I mean, I know we've gone to school together. I just never really noticed her before. If I did, I would've gone after her by now. She sits diagonally from me in Algebra. Her hair is light brown that hangs in a high ponytail. Her eyes are light green and mesmerizing. She is focusing on the class and taking notes. She turns back and looks at me. It catches me off guard and I look away and down at my desk to pretend to take notes. She turns back forward, and I actually start to pay attention in class. I still look over at her a few times.

We don't have third period together, but we do have fourth. I have never realized how often I see her. She did notice me looking at her a few times, but I think I got away with it. I hope I did.

The lunch bell rings, and she almost books it out of the class. I brush it off and walk to the lunch room to meet my friends. Josh and Patrick were already at the table throwing food at each other. When I sit down, a glob of mac & cheese almost hits me in the face. I duck just in time, but it hit Dylan instead. Dylan slams down his tray and takes a deep breath, probably trying to keep himself from killing Josh. Josh holds out a napkin for Dylan. He opens his eyes and snatches it from him.

"First, you drag me into your dumb detention-invoking performance. Now, you throw mac & cheese at me and stain my perfectly clean white shirt. Can you give me on reason why I shouldn't murder you?" Dylan asks Josh while glaring at him.

"Yeah, Molly probably deserves that job more than you," Josh says. Dylan rolls his eyes and continues to scrub his now stained shirt. Josh looks at me with a daring grin, which means only one thing. "Hey, Aidan. Want to make a bet?"

"Sure. What do you want to lose about today?" I ask him. We make bets a lot. I always win, and he always loses. He looks around for a moment before staring at someone. "What? You already want to back out?"

"No. I bet that you can't get Molly Green to go on a date with you," he says smiling. I look at him like he was crazy, and Dylan glares at him. I bet about a girl, that's easy. "What? You already want to back out?" he mimics.

"No," I say and get up. I look around then realize I don't know who Molly Green is. "Who is Molly Green?" I ask him. Josh and Dylan looks at me like I am crazy.

"The brunette with my brother. The one I got detention. You don't recognize her?" he asks me. He was talking about the green eyed girl. The name fit her. Josh shakes his head. "You've went to school with her since seventh grade. I mess with her all the time. I can't believe you didn't know who she was."

"Whatever. You just made a bet you are going to lose anyway," I tell him. He laughs and rolls his eyes. I ignore him and head towards her table. She was laughing with Jack about something. Jack noticed me first, and nudged his bright pink haired friend to point me out. I think her name is Carrie, but it didn't matter. They whisper something to Molly before I get to her. When I do, she turns around. The whole cafeteria is silent. "Hey-"

"Do you need something?" she cuts me off. She sounded annoyed which threw me off a little. "Well?" she asks impatiently.

"Uh, I just wanted to ask if you would like to go on a date sometime?" I ask smiling at her. Now, all she had to do was say yes and I win. Instead of answering, she laughs. My smile falters. Why is she laughing?