Chapter 7: Missing

"Good morning." greeted Lylia.

Harley was sitting on one of Nana's chairs, drinking that red-colored drink in his dream. He didn't wear his hat and his hair still has glitter on them. He replaced his usual fancy magician suit with a normal shirt and some pants to wear with. To Lylia, it looks like Harley just took off his coat. He looked paler than before.

"You're up early," Lylia said.

Harley chortled. "No no, I was up all night."

Lylia bit her lip. That explains his dark eye circles. "Why didn't you sleep?"

Harley took a sip from the red drink but didn't answer. 

When Lylia was about to ask him again, out came Ruby, holding her scythe. She took off her coat and her blonde hair was exposed.

"Good morning you two."

Ruby headed for the front door of the treehouse.

"Where are you going?" asked Lylia.

"Hunting." Ruby held up her scythe and walked out of the door and slammed it shut.

A few moments later Lylia asked: "Is hunting here even legal?"

Harley gave no sign he heard her and stared out of space.

Lylia noticed that and twirled her wand above Harley. Then his tired expression faded and was replaced with a normal one. The dark eye circles lighten and he sat down his glass with the red drink.

"Thanks, Lylia," replied Harley. "I don't have the energy to do that just now."

Lylia tutted. "Sleep is important now don't do that again."

Harley nodded. Something is still troubling him. He can't let that feeling go.

Something jumped into Harley's lap. He looked at what it was and saw it's just Molina. He hugged Molina slightly and he felt like a plush.

"Did you know that Molina isn't alive anymore?"

Harley was startled out of his comfort zone. "What do you mean Lylia?"

"Nana told me that Molina sacrificed his life to safe Nana from the abyss, and this is just a mere memory of him, wondering around, accompanying Nana," explained Lylia. Harley indeed has heard of this before at the academy, but he never witnessed one. Molina gave no response that he heard Lylia, and just sat on Harley's lap, purring.

He smiled. He made the right choice with that weird hooded person. But sadly he is gonna leave soon.

Suddenly a loud BANG was heard. Lylia and Harley were startled. They turned towards the direction of the sound and out came a pink-haired leonin.

"GOOD MORNING!" exclaimed Nana, her arms out wide. She yawned.

"Good morning Nana." greeted Harley.

"Where did that sound come from?" asked Lylia.

"My door." smiled Nana.