Chapter 14

Delia's P.O.V.

"Zayn it might be time for you to leave," I said, keeping my eyes on Connor. "I'll call you later."

Zayn nodded and grabbed his jacket before walking out.

"You think you're cool?" he asked. "Standing up to big brother Connor in front of your boyfriend."

"I wasn't trying to be cool," I said. "I was trying to get your ugly face out of mine and out of my room."

He advanced toward me quickly and raised his arm to slap me. I caught his wrist and said, "Will you stop? It's get old."

Obviously he didn't care though because he took his other hand and hit my jaw. Blood exploded in my mouth as I was thrown onto my side on my bed. He grabbed me around my stomach and threw me from my bed onto the ground. My head banged against the ground and his foot connected with stomach, forcing the air out of me and preventing me from screaming. I began to lash out with my arms and legs, trying to inflict some sort of pain on him, but he simply grabbed my arms and lifted me up so I was standing and the dragged me out of the room.

I tried to claw at him with my nails, kick at him, but I couldn't do anything. His grip on me was so tight as he dragged me down the stairs and into the basement. He threw me down the cold concrete steps and I looked up at him from the floor.

"How does it feel princess?" he sneered. "You lose."

He slammed the door shut and I was left alone in the cold, dark basement. I got to my feet, wincing as I did so and ran to the door. I turned the knob, but the door was locked from the inside and I was officially stuck.

I banged on the door with my hand and kicked at it with my foot and yelled, "Connor! Let me out!"

It felt like a lifetime in front of that door, yelling, kicking, banging on it, trying to get out. Finally, I gave up and sat on the steps. I couldn't believe this. Connor was treating me like I was his prisoner, not his sister.

Finally, after an eternity, the door opened and Connor stood there.

"Your class starts in 2 hours," he said.

I nodded and stood up. I walked past him and right as I reached the stairs he said, "Tell your boyfriend to stop blowing up your phone. The bill is going to be huge."

"Yeah the bill I pay out of my trust fund from mum because I can't get a job," I snapped. "You spend all your money on booze and cigarettes."

I ran upstairs to my room to begin getting ready for school. I showered off all the makeup from last night and picked a pair of skinny jeans, a purple tank top with a bow and ruffles on the front and a leather jacket before sliding on a pair of low heeled riding boots. Just because it was early didn't mean I had to look like a bum.

I let my natural red waves flow onto my shoulders as I added a slouchy white knit hat. I put on gold drop earrings, a gold rose necklace, some gold bangles and a gold snake ring. I finished off my fierce looking smoky eye makeup and spritzed on my favorite perfume before grabbing my tote bag and sliding on my sunglasses as I grabbed my keys and walked out the door.

"Bye," I said.

"How are you getting there?" Connor asked.

"I figured I'd drive," I said in a "duh" tone.

"I need the car today," Connor said. "Me and Tony-,"

"If you're going with Tony get a ride with him," I said. "I don't have a car and I need one to get to Uni. This is my education Connor. And I'm going to be stubborn about getting there in a timely manner."