𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

I knew that I had to go back to the real world eventually but I didn't think it would be this soon. I sighed realizing that my energy would drain at some point anyways and if that happened I could kiss peace and quiet goodbye forever. I concentrated on the scientist that was standing in front of her what felt like hours ago but in reality no time had passed.

"Alexis!"

"Sorry Mr. Quinn." I replied Meekly.

"It's Okay but you're lucky it was me and not any body else." Mr. Quinn reminded me.

"Yea." I smiled. "If I talked to other people here the way I talk to you I'd be dead already."

"Probably." He Chuckled.

*30 minutes later*

"Hey" Mr. Quinn suddenly spoke. "I need to give you something." He opened his Messenger bag and pulled out a small black box. "This is yours." He said handing it to me.

"What is it?" I asked having no memory of the object.

"Just open it"

I slowly opened the box and found a small golden locket inside. "I don't understand, why are you giving this to me?"

He ignored the question. "Do you like it? I have a few pictures for you to chose from to put inside."

"What did you mean when you said that it was mine? Why are you giving this to me?" I repeated.

Mr. Quinn sighed "Your parents wanted me to give it to you."

"Oh" I stammered not knowing what to do. "I-uh can I see the photos please."

Mr. Quinn nodded and pulled out the pictures he had found. He was just realizing how similar she was to her parents. Deep down he knew that one day he wouldn't be able to protect her, that she would have to learn to survive on her own. But he also knew that he would help this little girl until his last breath.

"This one!" I said, it was probably obvious how happy I was.

"Are you sure?" He asked unsure.

"Yep. It's perfect." I replied with a big smile on my face.