biased

biased: adjective; having or showing an unfair tendency to believe that some people, ideas, etc., are better than others.

i never had a problem with pouges. i loved everything about them. their style, their freedom, they were all really funny too.

i didn't understand why sarah didn't invite kie to her party that night in the 9th grade, or why topper always said they were bad news.

i guess that's just how kooks are. they don't pay much attention, and they weren't raised right, even i know that and i'm a kook.

although, all pouges think kooks are the epitome of rulers of all evil. i agree more with the pouges on that one. most kooks are incredibly rude and frustrating.

maybe, we're all just biased to our own opinions.

-logan <3

"Logan, get your nose out of your book." Topper demands.

I roll my eyes and begin paying attention to the conversation.

Topper, Rafe, Sarah, and I were relaxing on Topper's new boat.

Topper had Sarah cuddled under his arm at the wheel. They weren't dating-- yet. Rafe was sitting at the nose of the boat, and I was sitting in the back.

I always shadowed the rest of my friends. Never really putting my thoughts into the conversation. I would just listen to my friends bicker to eachother, and hope they include me.

"I'm bored." Sarah wines.

I never had a problem with Sarah, to be honest. I became friends with her a few years ago and we never really stopped hanging out since.

Topper and I have been friends since forever. His mom and my mom have been bestfriends since day one.

Thinking about my mom stings a little. She's in Argentina as a trauma surgeon for the vets and victims.

My dad was in the army too. I didn't know where he was stationed-- we weren't allowed to know for his safety, and ours.

"Logan." Topper sounds out again, making the "O" in my name a bit longer.

"Sorry, what?"

"What do you want to do for dinner?"

"Maya said we're doing meatloaf and asparagus tonight, if you guys want to join." I say before looking down at my book again.

Maya is my nanny. She used to be my dad's neighbor. So, she's really close to our family. Maya raised me from the day I was born, she's more of my mom than my mother ever was.

I could easily take care of myself, but I have two younger siblings, Aria and Ben. Ben is 13, Aria is 5. They're a bit of a handful.

"Rose said she's making some sort of casserole tonight." Sarah informs us.

"I'll go to Logan's, but only if she has her cookies." Rafe comments.

"Yes, we have cookies." I state.

The Cameron boy smiles.

Maya taught me how to bake for the first time a few years ago. I immediately fell in love with baking and never really stopped.

"So.. Logan's tonight?" Topper asks.

"Yup." Rafe says. He makes a pop sound with the letter p.

On our way to my house, we drove past Jj, Kie, Pope, and John B on their boat.

Maya always told me to be nice to the Pouges. Maya was never a biased person, she always looked for the best in people and was kind to the Pouges every chance she got.

I would've been nice to them without her telling me to. I don't care if Topper and Rafe hated them, I thought they were cool.

I smile as we pass them. Most of them don't smile back. That happens a lot, mostly when I'm with Rafe and Topper.

The one who did smile was JJ Maybank. He was a tall blonde boy and always smiled back at me, no matter who I was with. If I said good morning, he said it back. I always admired him for that.

I sat in the backseat of Topper's large truck with Rafe. Topper and Sarah sat in the front.

"Logan?" Sarah says.

"Hmm?"

"Can I stay the night at your place?" She asks.

"Uh. Yeah, sure." I smile.

I didn't need to ask Maya, she would say yes. I would be perfectly okay with her saying no, but she always had a soft spot for my friends. Everytime I asked, she said yes.

a/n:
first chapter for this story!! im really excited about this book, and i hope y'all enjoy!!