Ch. 2 • Start Of A New Year

~ Chapter 2 • Start Of A New Year ~

{ January 2013 }

§Justin’s POV:§

“Stop smacking me,” I scoffed, sighing in annoyance as I followed behind my best friend.

“Would you quit complaining like a shithead and just hurry up?” he called after me, and I could just picture the smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes and rubbed my hands together, trying to keep myself warm as I struggled through the snow.

“Remind me why we’re taking my car again?” I said. “Wouldn’t she recognize it?”

Dylan turned around, giving me a look. “Are you doubting me, mister?”

My eyes widened and I shook my head. “No?” I let out a sheepish smile before he sighed, running back to where I stood. He grabbed my arm rather violently and pulled me so close, our noses were at the verge of touching.

“You want to walk all the way to the park? Be my guest, but you’d freeze before you get there,” he whispered. I narrowed my eyes at him and raised one hand before slapping him hard across the cheek. He spat at the ground and regained his composure, looking up at me again. “Love you too.”

When Dylan turned around and resumed walking to my car, I couldn’t help but laugh. If anyone saw us right now, they would think we were rivals but, in reality, that’s just how Dylan and I’s relationship works. We hit each other out of guy love.

Does that make sense? No? Ah well.

“Would you hurry up! JESUS!” Dylan shouted, already inside the car. Damn, I shouldn’t have given him my keys.

“Okay, why are we doing this?” I whined, taking a seat on the passenger side.

“Because I said so,” he grinned. “Plus, you know you wanna.”

“I don’t know such things,” I mumbled, looking down at my hands and trying to move my fingers to check if they’re frozen.

“Justin, listen to me,” he stopped, turning to face me. “Your little sister Jazmyn is on a date. Do you know what that means?” I shook my head. “It means that some douche is trying to get inside her pants. Now how does that make you feel, huh?”

My stomach churned and I glared at him. “Disgusted…” I murmured.

“Exactly. Now let’s go before we’re too late.”

Dylan revved up the car and surprisingly got onto the road effortlessly through the thick layers of snow on the ground. It might not be the safest thing to drive around casually in possibly slippery roads…