chapter twenty two

awkward

A squeal escaped your mouth as you fell with the ace. He let out a low grunt as his body softened your crash. Unable to loose your wrists quickly enough, you face planted directly into his muscular chest and you were promptly reminded of the large bruise that spanned one of your eyes.  

As the initial pain subsided, you became acutely aware of how each part of your body was touching him and vice versa. Your body was stacked horizontally atop his. His legs touching your legs. You could feel where the prominent bones in his hips were digging into yours. And you could feel... Oh shit. That sent you into a mode of panic. 

You tore your wrists from his grip, scrambling frantically as you shoved your hands into his chest to lift your head up as your legs shifted over his. You moved your knee up hastily with the intent of granting yourself some purchase on the empty space of sofa between Iwaizumi's legs, hoping it would be enough to push your body off his.

However, you grossly overestimated the distance you needed to move your knee. The loud yelp of pain that left Iwaizumi's mouth told you as much. As the realisation of what you'd done dawned on you, his hands flew to protect his crotch from any further assault and - in response- you yanked your leg upwards.

Yet another episode in your recent series of bad choices, it seemed. The sudden jerk of your leg when you weren't stable enough on your other leg, caused you to wobble and you couldn't find another stable surface for your leg in time. So, you toppled off of the boy and crashed loudly onto the carpeted floor of your lounge with another loud squeal accompanied with several cuss words that you were glad your mother was not around to hear. 

Your head was positively spinning and you almost passed out for a second time today. The winces of pain coming from the couch were enough to distract you from your own pain. With great amount of effort, you slowly pushed yourself into a sitting position while concealing grunts of pain. 

'Fucking hell,' Iwaizumi groaned, punctuating the sentence with your name in a tone you'd not heard before.

'I'm so sorry,' You apologised as you shifted your position so you were kneeling next to the sofa just beside his head.

Subconsciously, your hand flew to the boys head. You began to run your fingers through his soft hair with a slow and soothing repetitiveness. 

'Are you okay?' You inquired, concern bringing a quiver to your voice.

'That's a dirty way to win a fight,' He responded with a strained chuckle.

'I swear I didn't mean to,' Without intention, your tone had shifted to almost pleading. 

He chuckled again, turning his head so he could lock his eyes with yours.

'I was joking,' He reassured you, 'But if the way to make you apologetic is to be in pain then I might get into fights a little more often.'

His words offered you all the confirmation you needed as you slapped him playfully on the arm and he offered you a theatrical wince. 

'Shut up, oh my god,' You scolded him, 'I thought I hurt you.'

'Well you did hurt me,' He informed you, 'I mean you kneed me in the balls.'

You scrunched up your face, partially at his vulgar language but partially at the imagined image of him naked that flashed across your mind.

'Okay, I really am sorry,' You reiterated, 'Do you want some ice or something?'

Attempting to sit up, he shook his head. You slid an arm around his back, taking as much of his weight as he would let you (which wasn't much at all) as you helped prop him into a seated position on the sofa.

You sat beside him, your hand instinctively returning to its place lost in his hair.

'Actually,' He began, turning his head a little so he could look at you properly, 'I do need something.'

You raised your eyebrows inquisitively as you shifted in your seat, ready to get up and get him whatever he wanted. 

'What do you need?' You prompted him when he didn't continue.

'A kiss,' He finished his request.

If you eyebrows could've been raised any higher, they would've. It felt out of character for him to be the more confident one. Only a few hours ago, he had sheepishly asked for your first kiss and almost immediately backtracked. You smirked at him.

'I think the pain's getting to your head,' You joked, moving your hand from his hair to tap him lightly on the forehead with your index finger.

'No, I don't think it is,' His tone was certain as he placed a large, warm hand gently on the side of your face.

You automatically leaned into his hand, breathing out a light sigh as you kept your eyes locked with his.

'Can I kiss you?' He asked that same question again, the same air of apprehension slipping into his tone.

As if you would ever say no to that. But it was so adorable. How he seemed to harbour the same amount of fear that you would say no despite how obvious you were making it that you were comfortable with him.

'Of course,' You responded with a smile. 

That smiled remained on your face as he pulled you closer to him and your eyes fluttered closed. 

He was a lot quicker to slip into a passionate kiss this time. He smashed his mouth against yours and the grin you were wearing slipped off you face as you meshed your lips with him. Like before,  his lips were soft and inviting as they moved fervently against yours. The hand on your face glided swiftly to the nape of your neck, holding you close to his face and ensuring you wouldn't pull away. Not that you were even contemplating it, leaning into the kiss just as much as he was. It was all you could do not to jump into his lap. And you probably would've if not for his injury.

You felt his tongue run across you bottom lip, asking for admittance to your mouth which you gladly granted. The feeling of his tongue running over yours was enough to send you into some sort of frenzy. Any pain you were feeling was entirely forgotten as you snaked your arms around his neck and laced your fingers back into their rightful place in his shiny black locks, giving some assurance of your own that he wouldn't pull his head away.

His free hand slipped around your torso as his tongue continue to circle yours. The light touch of his fingers left a trail of welcome fire on your skin. His hand travelled from  the middle of your back, down your spine to the lowest curve of your back. You could feel his skin against yours in the little space that had been exposed by your top lifting up as you leaned forwards to deepen the kiss.

The pause at your lower back wasn't long. His hand continued to travel down, his palm flat against your body as you felt the pressure move over your tailbone down to the soft flesh of your ass. You were shocked at his boldness but by no means were you against the new found confidence. His touch seemed tentative at first but as you continued to kiss him, he realised you weren't going to stop his advances and continued more bravely. Seconds later, you felt the increase in pressure as he clenched his hand lightly; squeezing most of the surface area of your ass. Involuntarily, very involuntarily, a light whine escaped your lips at the combination of Iwaizumi's hand groping your as and his tongue dancing with yours. 

You felt as his mouth shifted into a smirk against yours. You were unsure if it was out of embarrassment or if it was a response to his cocky reaction but you pulled away from him. The feel of heat in your face and your quickened breathing told you it was the former but you wouldn't admit it even to yourself.

Your assumption was confirmed when you were far enough away to look at Iwaizumi's face. His eyes were half lidded and lust filled, his mouth crooked in an attractive half smile.

'What?' He inquired, though his smarmy tone told you he knew exactly why you had pulled away.

'This cockiness ,' You started, gesturing at him with an accusatory finger, 'Doesn't suit you.'

'You seemed to like it,' He responds with a shrug, eyes never leaving yours.

For the first time in your life, you're speechless. You just shake your head dumbfoundedly at his quip and relax back onto the sofa in shock.

a/n i hope y'all like this update, sorry it's been a while