We Have Tons of Useless Weapons. Do We Get a Standing Ovation, or What?

Hello! I wanted to start an Aru Shah novel about this (plot buildup later on), so I quickly drafted a plot and wa-lah! I dunno if I'm good at writing fanfiction but I liked the plot so...

I made up a ton of stuff, like Kara's godly soul-parent and stuff, so stuff might not make sense- just don't think about it too much and I think it'll be fine.

Enjoy!

-audy (

---

 "I don't know if I can stand it if we tell Aru..." Aiden quipped, staring like he was looking through the wall.

Brynne scoffed, "At least she's borrowing my wind mace right now. She'll have some sort of defence at least."

Mini didn't seem so sure. "She can barely pick it up! Do you know what happens when you strain your muscles? You'll-"

"Die?" finished Aiden and Brynne synchronously.

"Well, you'll have crucial pain, muscle malfunction, swelling, and well, if it's a really bad one, you might die. Might," Mini said, haughty.

Brynne gritted her teeth. "It's not the time, Mini. Anyways, how could have Vajra escaped? Doesn't it always come back to her?"

Mini nodded. "Yeah, I can vouch for that claim. On our first quest, we tested it. It always came back." She paused, then added, "When it was in a ping-pong ball form."

Aiden groaned. "Well, that doesn't help anything. Aru will be livid, and god knows what's going to happen. She'll probably start quoting Lord of the Ri- Hira?"

Their rakshasa friend beamed from the corner. "Heard you guys arguing about Vajra missing. Couldn't help but peak."

"Well, now you know. Vajra is-"

"Guys? Brynne? Can you, um, come here for a moment?" Aru's voice rang into the room. Everyone froze, nervous and slowly eyed each other.

Oh, no. 

Brynne cursed under her breath. "Coming. One sec," she said, loud enough for Aru to hear. She turned back to them, "What do we do?" she whispered.

Aiden shrugged. "Be honest, I guess. She would've noticed Vajra was missing by now. Say sorry, we'll find it, blah blah blah. Come on," he tugged on Mini's sleeve, as she was frozen.

"What?" Aiden asked exasperatedly.

"Oh- nothing... come on," Mini said, barely a whisper.

Brynne raised an eyebrow but she grabbed Hira's wrist, dragging her with her.

"Hey! Careful- oh, hi, Aru!" Hira protested until she was face to face with Aru. She looked like she was about to cry. She was clutching Brynne's wind mace in her hand.

"Did you know about this?" she asked, her voice shaking. Aiden and Brynne glanced at each other.

Does she mean Varja? Aiden mouthed.

Dunno, I think. Brynne said, which Aiden just frowned.

"We're - we're really sorry! I didn't know it could get lost! Honest!" Mini stammered, clutching Dee Dee like it was living proof. Aru narrowed her eyes.

"Sorry?" Mini squeaked.

"What are you talking about? Varja?" Aru asked, staring at Brynne and then Aiden.

She doesn't know, Aiden whispered at the corner of his mouth.

I know. What's wrong, then? Mini said, barely talking.