Prologue

'How could you do this to me?!' Zayn cried out while looking at Ariana with tears in his eyes. 'Zayn,' Ariana starts to say but Zayn is faster. 'WAS I JUST A GAME TO YOU? A TOY TO PLAY WITH?!' Zayn screams and now the tears are starting to roll down his cheeks. 'Zayn, no that's not true,' Ariana said sympathetically and she takes a step closer to the crying boy in front of her. She reaches her arm out to touch him but he takes a step back. 'If that's not true then why did you use me?' Zayn sobs out and his whole body is shaking. Ariana looks at Zayn and her heart breaks at the sight of him. His eyes are red from crying, tears are streaming down his cheeks like a waterfall and his whole body is shaking. She knows this is her fault and she hates herself for it.

Zayn looks so small and vulnerable right now and Ariana tries to reach out to him again. Zayn is shaking too much to fight it and he allows Ariana's hand on his arm. The touch still manages to comfort him but he doesn't stop crying. 'Zayn, I never used you,' Ariana said to the very distraught boy in front of her. 'Yes, you did. I know you did! Just tell me why!' Zayn screamed. He was desperate for answers and he just needed to know why he was used by the love of his life. Ariana didn't seem to be answering his question anytime soon and Zayn tried something different. 'Ari, I have loved you since we were in the 7th grade and I was so happy when you asked me out. I gave you everything you wanted. I helped you with your homework, I came to all of your cheer practices, I took you on dates and I even took you on your dream dates. I introduced you to my family and they all love you. I-I even gave you a necklace for our 3 months anniversary. I-I just need to know why you used me, cause clearly this meant nothing to you at all,' Zayn said pouring and sobbing his heart out. He didn't like the look in her eyes but he knows the truth will hurt. He just didn't know that she was gonna break him to pieces.

'Babe!' someone called from the distance. Both Ariana and Zayn turned their heads to the voice. The voice belonged to Jai Brooks and he was walking towards them. More and more tears are falling from Zayn's eyes and he feels Ariana's hand leaving his arm. 'What are you still doing with this nerd?' Jai sneers in disgust when he reached the pair. Zayn can't stop the loud sob that escapes his lips and Jai laughs at him. 'Did she finally tell you how useless you are? That you never meant anything to her?!' Jai laughed at him and Zayn's heart breaks more and more. 'No, she didn't,' Zayn whispered and he wraps his arms around himself. 'I mean I could say what she thinks of you but it would be much more fun if she said it instead,' Jai smirked and now Zayn is scared more than ever. Ariana looks torn between telling Zayn or just leaving him alone. 'Just tell me,' Zayn whispers scared for his already broken heart. 'I never loved you!,' Ariana told him simply.

Zayn's knees buckle under him and he collapses to the ground. 'I-Is t-that t-true?' Zayn sobbed brokenly. Ariana just nods her head and Jai rips the necklace of Ariana's neck. He throws the necklace to Zayn and then the two of them start to walk away. They leave a sobbing and heartbroken Zayn behind. Zayn looks at the necklace that lay on the ground next to him and he picked it up. He started sobbing and weeping even harder when all the memories of Ariana and him returned. Just by looking at the necklace all their memories came rushing back in his mind. In the far distance he could see two figures and he knows it are Jai and Ariana. They're kissing and Zayn feels his already broken heart shatter into a million pieces. Zayn felt used, betrayed, heartbroken and like a toy that was used for someone else's pleasure.