chapter 2

My POV

A few hours later, I head back out to the cosmodrome with a pulse rifle from the gunsmith, a shotgun from ikora, an auto rifle from zavala, a sword from shax, and a handcannon from cayde.

I take out the fallen guarding a map of the whole area.

Cinder appears and scans it.

"Zach, I'm picking up three warp drive readings, it's coming from where we found our ship." Cinder tells me.

"So we have to go back?" I ask.

"Yes, we have to go back." Cinder verifies.

Cinder goes back into my helmet, I start making my way back to where I found my ship.

Justin's POV

Raider and myself near the open door where my ghost picked up three warp drive readings.

I glance around the corner, then look to raider.

"There's a few dregs, shanks, and vand-" gunshots cut me off.

I glance around the corner again and see another guardian, but wearing a cloak, bond, mark, some titan, hunter, and warlock armor pieces.

The guardian's ghost appears.

"Is this where you picked up the three warp drive readings Cinder?" The guardian asks his ghost.

"Yes guardian, this is the area I got the readings from." The ghost named Cinder answers her guardian.

"There's another guardian." I tell raider.

"Let's be cautious about-" a loud roaring sound cuts raider off.

My POV

I take cover.

"That's a large fallen, can you make it so my helmet can speak to that big fallen kell?" I ask Cinder, who has gone back into my helmet.

"Sure." Cinder answers.

"My yu is zach, ne am a light-bearer." I say loudly.

"Light bearer, what dos you seek?" The kell asks.

"ne challenge you in blade combat, e winner gets e three warp drives you possess." I yell.

A few seconds go by.

"Ne agree, light bearer." The kell agrees.

I signal cinder to turn the helmet language back to English.

I walk out into the open, sword in hand.

Me and the kell approach each other, the archon swings at me, trying to get a hit, I duck and slice one of the breathing funnels on the kell' chest in half, then send my blade into the archons chest.

The kell falls onto it's knees.

"You have defeated me in bladed combat, you get not only the three warp drives, you also become kell of house devils." The kell tells me, handing me the warp drives and his blade.

"You have fought with much honor, rest now, noble warrior." I tell the kell.

The kell takes it's last breath, the two vandals that accompanied him kneel.

"You don't have to kneel, effective immediately, all members of house devils are treated as equals." I tell the two vandals.

They get up and nod.

"A guardian that is now also a kell, that's something you don't see everyday." Another voice speaks out.

I look in the direction of the voice, spotting a hunter and warlock.

My vandal guards get defensive, I raise my left hand signaling them to stand down.

"Who are the two of you?" I ask.

"I'm justin, the guy behind me is raider." Justin tells me.

I walk up to Justin and raider, put my two index fingers on their heads, and send the memories of the three of us hanging out in our previous life.

They put a hand on their heads for a minute before looking at me.

"Zach?" They ask in unison.

"Hello old friends, looks like fireteam Sol is now a real thing, along with me being the new kell of house devils." I tell them.

Cinder appears.

"Zach, I'm contacting Zavala, ikora, and cayde." Cinder tells me.

I nod.

A few seconds later, zavala, ikora, and cayde enter the comm channel.

"Yes zach?" Zavala asks.

"I have obtained three warp drives, killed the kell of house devils in a trial by combat, become the new kell of house devils, and reunited with two old friends from my previous life that are now also guardians." I tell him.

"Hold up, so you're the new kell for the house of devils?" Ikora asks me.

"Yes, and now the fight between house devils and the city are over, let every single guardian know, justin, raider, and myself are on our way back now." I tell ikora.

"On it." Cayde tells me.

The vanguard leave the comm channel.