𖤛 2: Sullen Eyes | Aki Hayakawa ˎˊ˗

Aki Hayakawa x Fem!Reader
> requested by Yozakura_Miu!

" How many bitter truthsmust I face before I finally get to be happy with you? "

must I face before I finally
get to be happy with you? "

"It's hopeless!" A peculiar chuckle the devil let out, pacing towards your feeble figure compared to it

Among the pool of bloodshed and pile of devil hunters now corpses— it's a miracle you're the only one alive up until now.

"No.." You murmured as your grip on the katana faltered, falling on the ground, your knees shaking. Visible tears clouding your eyes, causing your vision to turn into a one huge faint blur, failing to see the surroundings and the devil as transparent as the waters. "Aki.." You mumbled to yourself and could only remember the last sentence he told you before you bid your farewells to each other.

"[F/N], be safe."

Intel has been gathered around the city as to the Whip Devil's whereabouts. It has also been speculated to be growing weaker than it was before because of the reduction in impact of fear the image of whip on humans. And so your group composing of 7 devil hunters were assigned to defeat the Whip Devil. Alot of you thought it would only be an effortless hunting.

Unfortunately, the speculations were wrong. While fighting the devil, you and your buddies only just found out that the devil excels in terms of agility and producing whips right to left within a short span of time.

Only a certain truth came to light as you sat on the asphalt ground defeated, that there was a small town in Japan that had whips as a part of the citizens' torturing device if ever a crime was committed.

"I.. I need to go and see Aki.." You mumbled, looking down at the ground, shunned from the events unraveling one after another. The Whip Devil stops from its tracks, pausing for a moment. "Hmm? Who's this Aki?"

It spoke, piquing interest in you instead of decapitating you instantaneously like it did with the rest of your buddies.

Panic-stricken as ever, chills ran up and down your spine. Your sobs slowly fade out, and faced the devil you were fighting earlier. The difference between your sizes was very significant, you can almost tell the winner just by looking at the 'participants'.