001

chapter one:
"if you can't stop looking at it. buy it."

shanghai

shanghai

"why does your mom need you to come home so early?"
adhara young walked down the corridors of pudong international airport alongside the korean heiress, avery kim "i don't know and i don't care, all i want is to enjoy my short vacation here before flying to singapore." they both waited in the vip exit doors. the sun greeting them with warmth as adhara's valentino sunglasses shielding her eyes from the brightness of the sun "well my dear dara, i'm off to a party." avery smiled sending her friend a flying kiss "call me when you're throwing up in the sidewalk." it wasn't surprising if avery kim dials her best friend to come pick her up because she could not drive or even recognize her own car.

adhara rolled her eyes "okay, love you!" avery ran her fingers through her dyed blonde hair "bye." the young heiress playfully waved as avery enter her car. it wasn't long until a familiar black rolls royce parked in front of her. astrid leong stepped off the car with a wide grin on her face "astrid!" the excitement was evident in her voice "dara, i missed you." the cousins shared a hug before entering the car.

the young-leong duo chatted as they share a lunch in a top michelin star restaurant "tell me, how's england?" astrid questioned. the exhaustion of work and school vanished once they were reunited "everything has not changed one bit, and professor collingwood is driving me mad." adhara spent the past four years in oxford studying business hoping that someday she will
be able to have a role in her family business "her class has always been stressful." the older woman chuckled, sipping her wine "i swear, she makes me want to end myself."

"i'm hoping to survive her lectures until graduation." the girl sighed "but enough of that." "how is my nephew?" it was no secret that cassian was dear to adhara compared to her other nephews "cassian loves the book you send him especially the little prince." adhara took a bite out of her pasta "he's been asking when you're  coming back. cassian misses you." astrid reminisce to the nights that her son would ask about his auntie "i miss him too, can't wait to see that little prince."

the youngs have a complicated relationship with their other cousins, not that they don't love them but more of their lack of proper manner and their choices of words "i'm afraid that he's turning out to be like you. very stubborn but clever." adhara smiled at her cousin's words.

their conversation was disturbed by the vibration of adhara's phone "dara, no phones." astrid joked, almost as she was mocking eleanor's strict manner "it's about nicky." adhara frowns and pressed on the notification "rachel chu?" her brows knitted "she's the girl nick is seeing." adhara knew her brother was seeing someone but nick has never told her much about his girlfriend. she scrolled through different social medias to find rachel chu's account "she's pretty and an economic professor." at least it's not some bimbo like amanda "although, she could improve her fashion choices." adhara and astrid are both known in their family to be fashion icons. fashion is a part of their lives that could never be neglected "she is a nice girl, i met her once." astrid spoke, adhara felt almost betrayed by her brother. how can he hide this from his own sister "how dare nicky not introduce her to me." she scoffed jokingly, but clearly insulted by her brother's action.