Chapter 11: Rescue

Outside of Archly Gate, Sarah and Cassandras' convoy truck are nearing Archly Gate when suddenly, a group of Condemned attack with digging bombs, causing the entire convoy to lose control of their vehicles and crash. Meanwhile, at Archly Gate, Kyle, Jake, Shawn, James and Bowers enter the main command room, discussing the matter of Pierce and Andrew Desipichs' machine.

Bowers: Well, that's just crazy....even for that fuckin asshole! (to Kyle) So, Kyle, this machine your Dad's created; it'll kill the Krens for good? What about the Condemned?

Kyle: No promises. The Condemned were human, before they were monsters and just because they turned into Krens doesn't mean it could work on them, but we still gotta find out where Apollo is.

James: Damn shame about the Gods' Fist weapon. It's just what we need to give us an edge.

Bowers: goddamned thing. It still kicks off a few satellites, but the accuracy is fried.

James: hmm....maybe, I can fix that.

Bowers hands James the disk.

Bowers: James, you've impressed me once, son. Impress me again.

Beatrix walks into the command room.

Bowers: Beatrix, you are not going to believe this horseshit.

Beatrix: It'll have to wait, Lyle. Who's monitoring the radio network?

Bowers: Why?

Beatrix: It's Cassandra and Sarah. Their convoy's being under attack and they're trapped outside the area.

James: Shit! Where?!

Kyle: No, James, I need you here.

James: But Cassandra-

Kyle: I will get her and Sarah here. You have my word. I need you to fix the accuracy system for the Gods' Fist. We need it. (to Shawn and Jake) Shawn, Jake, with me.

Bowers: I'll get one of our drivers to drive y'all out.

As everyone else departs, Beatrix pulls James back.

Beatrix: What? I miss something, poin Dexter?

James: Uh....I'll let the ol timer fill you in. Meanwhile, check on his elevated blood level. Heart rate. Make sure he's not going deaf or senile.

Outside Archly Gate, Sarah and Cassandra along with Murray and a few other survivors hold off the Gavrenite attack with casualties mounting. Meanwhile, Kyle, Jake, Shawn and Beatrix enter the garage and approach the truck.

Kyle: Shawn, with me. Jake, Beatrix, you two provide support from up top while James works on the God's Fist.

Kyle and Shawn climb to the back of the truck while Jake and Beatrix get up top to prepare giving covering fire. The driver leaves the garage and escorts Kyle and Shawn to rescue Sarah and Cassandra while Kyle contacts Sarah through his radio.

Kyle: Sarah, we're coming to get you! Are you okay?! Where's Caleb?

Sarah: (through radio) Kyle! We're pinned down! Caleb's not here! He's not his way with Marcus, Maya and Margret! We can't hold them for long!

Kyle: okay, hang on! We're coming!

Jake: (through radio) We'll watch your backs! Go get em!

The driver drives the truck through a battlefield of Condemned, before finally approaching Sarah and Cassandra's position.

Shawn: Kyle! I see the girls! Behind the transport!

Kyle: Look out! Mine!

The driver hits a Condemned mine as it explodes, killing the driver and causing the truck to turn over, knocking Kyle and Shawn out of the back of the truck.