Chapter 0 (Introduction)

A/N: **To clarify, this is not a complete AU, I'll only take some elements here and there. For example, the interactions between characters and how some of them addresses the reader might be close to a royal type of fic (The employees bows when they meet you or someone might kiss your hand 👀👀). Im gonna do some experimenting in this book so some elements of different AU's might appear. There is a tad of a princess core aesthetic mixed with modern but again, we are still in the hero society of the show and manga. Enjoy your read!! And don't forget to vote and comment 😁😁**

It was all a lot to take in. You bit your lip and tighten your hold on the black pen Ryo handed to you. A whole year? You had to play house and smile in front of cameras for the sake of keeping good appearances. It's been a month now that you've been going through a process of multiple interviews and tests. Drug tests, blood tests, background checks, you name it. For a month, these people have been studying you and your life, making sure that you would be a compatible candidate to become the number 5th hero's new wife. Tenya Iida was a respectable man who came from a very prestigious family here in Japan. The Ida's are a family of heroes, but they also own multiple companies in the city that specializes in technology and engine mechanics. For the past two years, the life of Muzutafu's number 5th hero have been the center of all the tabloids and gossip magazines. "What does his day to day life looks like? Is he currently dating? How can a man who appears so cold and disconnected to his audience can be part of the top 10 heroes?" . Honestly, there was nothing wrong with Iida's character per say, he just wouldn't be considered the most "charismatic" one. For example, he's not the kind to flirt and wink at the journalists like Chargebolt does, neither share the number one hero Deku's way of "warming people's heart" so he'd always be compared to others, despite how good he might be as a hero. He makes sure to follow protocol and gets the job done. No time for "frivolous activities" as he would say. This attitude had already made him the uptight one in the eyes of the public. However, there was a recent leak about his previous whereabouts and how he almost murdered the Hero killer Stain back when he was still a student at U.A high school. Since then, paparazzis have been harassing him and talk show hosts took this chance to demonize his character even more. This whole marriage arrangement is a way to make Tenya look more lovable on screen, a way for the public to relate and connect with him. Though when this stern looking man going by the name of Ryo came by the dinner you where working at and handed you his card, you couldn't help but think it had something to do with some shady business. Even though you where relieved to see the "Ingenium Incorporated" logo on the card, you certainly was not expecting to find yourself pinned alongside other women for the spot of a hero's wife. Let along being selected. All you had to do now is sign this contract and your whole life would change in a heartbeat.

"... Do you understand?"

"Wait... I-i'm sorry can you repeat?"

Ryo had snapped you out of your head, looking in your eyes while waiting for your agreement. He sighed before rustling in his papers again.

"As I was saying, the contract is due to last for exactly one year. All of your expenses and needs will be covered, you'll be moving into the mansion with Sir Iida along with all of your transportable belongings. There will be a compensation of 950 000 Yens ( around 8 500$/US) distributed to your family each month for the entirety of your stay."

"Right... So if I agree with this, my family is sure to be taken care of? Correct?"

"Absolutely! Also, remember that you are not held against your will, you are free to leave and break the contract whenever you feel like it. However, this would mean an immediate stop to your family's compensation and your privileges. It will also be expected of you to respect the confidentiality agreement and never reveal any type of information that could compromise the Iida family name. If  you decide that you want to end the agreement after the year span, a compensation will be transferred to your personal account and you'll be able to go back to your normal life. Of course, you'll be able to keep all the items purchased or given to you during your time at the manor and do with them whatever you see fit. Now, do you agree with these terms?"

He pointed that little dotted line again. Accepting this offer would actually be a life saver for you... paying rent was getting more and more difficult, even if you where doing overtime at the diner. Your dad had stopped working due to an accident and your mother could barely hold the expenses by herself. Lets just say that your financial life was not the best so taking this "job" if we could call it that, would be the best decision, if its not the best opportunity life could give you. You played with the hem of your uniform before taking the pen and vigorously signing your name at the bottom of the page before handing it to Ryo. He nodded and took it from you before slipping it in his briefcase.

"Ok well this is done... What now? My break ends in 5 mins."

"I will take care of the rest for now. It is self-evident that you will be quitting this job and handing your resignation. My team and I will be picking you up tomorrow at 10 am sharp! We will drive you to the manor where you'll be given a tour of the premises, along with other details concerning your functions."

One of the men that where waiting outside came in and quickly whispered something in Ryo's ear before typing something on his cell phone. Ryo nodded again, took one last sip of his coffee before standing up and buttoning his blazer.

"I will be off now but we'll contact you soon. Good day!"

"Uuhh yeah!! You too."

He smiled and quickly brought his phone to his ear to talk with someone while leaving the diner. You took a deep breath and stood up so you could head to the back and get your apron from your locker. Tomorrow was gonna be a big day.