Chapter 5: a question, and a answer

"Nice to meet you Luma Na, my name is Jaune Arc, I'm from the planet, Remnant." Responded the now much calmer knight.

"Tell me Jaune. How did you activate the teleportation pad?"

"I-I honestly don't know, I was running from Grimm -"

"Grimm? That name sounds familiar, I'll have to look over old notes to say for certain though."

"You DON'T have Grimm?" The knowledge was so... foreign, yet welcoming.

"No we do not, I apologise for the interruption."

"No problem, I was running from the Grimm, after being injured and distracting them so that my friends could escape. As I was running through a cave system, I saw a glowing stone pad and used the last of strength to get on the pad, and here I am."

As Luma Na processed the knight's story, she noticed parts that were similar to a security report from 14 years ago. 'I'll have to look into that old report' the thought rushed through her mind as Jaune spoke once again.

"That... device, did your people make it?"

"I'm afraid that we barely understand it, it was built by a people known as the Rakata. We do no know how it functions or how to use it. If you're going to ask if we could send you back. I'm sorry, but we don't know how the pad operates or how to operate it, I'm afraid that you are stuck here."

"Oh, thanks for telling me, can I have a few minutes to process this?"

"Of course. Take all the time you need." Luma Na replied kindly before leaving the room, the automatic door closing behind her. Leaving Jaune alone with his thoughts.

"What am I going to do?" The thought sped through his mind, over and over again as Jaune pulled his knees into his chest with a dead look in his eyes.

As time went on, Jaune just sat there. Like a statue, the only thing that snapped him out of it was the sound of the door opening to reveal a man who looked like he was in his 90's and that he had suffered a stroke. He was dressed in a blue pair of overalls.

"Hello! Are-are you ok?" The man asked, his voice laced with worry.

"I just learned that I have no way home whilst also being stuck on a alien planet. So no, I'm not okay." Jaune responded, his voice, soaked in defeat.

"O-oh I'm sorry to hear that. I just heard that the galaxy has been plunged into a civil war and that my brothers are going to be fighting in it. No matter what, I will always care for my brothers."

"Sorry to hear that, I care for my family as well... how many brothers do you have?"

"A few million, give or take. But hey, that's what us clones are to each other... even failed ones like me." That last part was whispered, but it was still heard in the quiet room. A look of sadness on the man's eyes.

"A few million?"

A simple nod was his only response

"You're a clone?"

This time, the question was answered with sadness and regret. "Yes. A failed clone, they call me: 99."

"Nice to meet you 99, my name is Jaune Arc."

As time went on, the two would continue to talk, mostly about the state of the galaxy, until the kaminoan, Luma Na. Returned to find Jaune asking 99 a question.

"I know that you and your brothers were bred for the war. But I was wondering if the military was hiring."

Before 99 could answer though, Luma Na decided to answer for him. "Yes it is, and you can join as soon as you are fully healed."