¢hคptēr 1: ๓คr¢h 19

*Beep beep*

I woke up dizzy from last night, I found out my boyfriend was cheating on me and my way of coping was drinking. I made my way to my bathroom, did my personal hygiene stuff then headed downstairs.

almost falling down the stairs from the hangover, I went into the kitchen and made myself some toast. while it was in the toaster I checked my phone to see a news article about murders and kidnappings in my area. it's been like this for a month now but the crime is calming down, I still carry a taser and pepper spray around with me tho.

I finished my toast then got dressed in some blue jeans and a t-shirt, grabbed my backpack, my purse then headed to school.

I entered my school looking around for my friend sky, she is my best friend we've basically known each other since we were born. were like soulmates.

I didn't see her so I went to my locker stuffed my unnecessary books in my locker then went to class. I entered the class and sat in the back of the room so I would go unnoticed when I fall asleep. I heard a ding from my phone and looked to see a message from sky saying she was gonna be absent today. well today's going to be boring, I sighed and put my head down drifting asleep.

Author POV

the teacher walked inside the classroom gathering all the student's attention, not noticing the girl in the back asleep. she began her lesson but was soon interrupted by a knock at the door. all the students turned their heads to see who it was. the teacher opened the door and was welcomed by a smiling boy, he stepped into the classroom looking at everybody as nervousness took over his bright face.

"oh, dear I must've forgotten, class we have a new student today" she said while fixing her glasses. "go ahead introduce yourself" she whispered to the boy.

"okay..hi, I'm yang jeongin I transferred from karder high" he said while a smile eased its way on his face again. the class said a bunch of hellos to jeongin, making him feel warm." well jeongin you can sit ermmm ah! beside y/n her seatmate isn't here today" she told him. he looked around confused. "the only empty desk in this room" the teacher said as she sat down.

the boy made his way over to the empty desk and sat down. he noticed his seatmate sleeping but didn't bother waking them up because it wasn't his problem.

y/n's POV

I was peacefully sleeping until a thumping noise and a groan startled me awake. I looked up to see a boy with black parted hair, a yellow hoodie on, and an apologetic smile looking at me. "I'm sorry I hit my leg, I didn't mean to wake you" he said, I raised up completely and got a good look at the boy. he looked too happy to be at school, I saw him staring at me as well mouthing the words beautiful. I would've blushed if I wasn't so tired. 

"no problem I shouldn't be sleeping anyway, I'm y/n you are?" I asked him. "I'm jeongin nice to meet you" he said as we shook hands. we talked for a little bit but decided to do it after class because the teacher kept side-eyeing us.

class finally ended and I grabbed my things then left out of the room. I went to my locker to get my math books then went to math class.

★━━━━━━━━━━━★

all my classes went by slow but it's finally lunch time. I went into the lunchroom grabbed my tray then sat down. "is this seat taken?" I heard someone ask. I looked up to see jeongin holding his tray with hopeful eyes. "no, you sit" I told him. he sat down and we began chatting about things we like, celeb crushes, etc. 

lunch ended and we parted ways, him to dance, me to band. I played the flute not very well but good enough to be in the second row. I only joined so I would have something good on my resume.

it was the end of the day so I went to my locker packed up and headed out of the building. I saw jeongin so I walked over to say goodbye. "hey" I said startling him a little bit. "hi" he replied. "can we exchange numbers?" he suddenly asked. I was surprised but he was new and from the looks of it he didn't have any other friends besides me. "sure" I said and gave him my number, we exchanged goodbyes and parted ways.

★━━━━━━━━━━━★

I just got done with my night routine and was now sitting on my bed watching t.v. the news came on and the murders were going up again. I thought it finally was gonna stop, who is doing this?. suddenly my phone dinged. a text from jeongin saying 'goodnight and stay safe darling'. he's so sweet. I replied with a goodnight then turned off the t.v, turned the lights off, and heading to bed.
─────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹─────

I Rewrote it because it was super cringy.

:3

-𝐘𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐉𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐈𝐍