Wisdom, Coffee, and Cigarettes

Historia's POV

Life really comes back to bite you in the ass doesn't it? I had made a decision without getting any details. At the time I felt that it was the right thing to do, the details could come later.

Turns out, I should've waited. I should've gotten all the details from my dad before telling Eren. A few days after we broke up, I went back to Chicago and spoke with my dad, obviously I'd need to go to law school. My dad told me that he wanted me to go Harvard but they didn't accept my transfer so he spoke to someone he knew at Columbia and got my transfer approved.

I could've stayed with Eren! We could have been happy... but now, here I am, going to school, studying, back in a University dorm. I see Mikasa and the girls still, they sorta understood my side I guess. They didn't hold what I did against me and I thank them for that. Except Sasha. She didn't talk to me all that much. Not at all actually.

I don't see Eren and the other boys that much anymore though. I see Jean and Armin but don't get much from them. Small talk and a smile or a wave from Armin every now and then but Jean just pretty much ignores me. He'll say hi and bye when I go to Mikasa's but that's it. Not like I blame them though, Eren's their friend.

I originally thought I'd never speak to that group again but I'm glad the girls still hang out with me. I cried for days after Eren and I broke up. I stayed with Annie since she lived alone until I went to Chicago. Eren never responded to any of my texts. I miss him a lot, but if he doesn't understand why I have to do this, then ending our relationship was the right thing to do, right?

I think about him a lot, our time together, our home...

"Ugh, I hate this," I say out loud,

"Hate what?" my roommate Mina asks,

"Nuthin' just... boy trouble I guess,"

"Oh, you and your boyfriend get into a fight or something?"

"Nah, more like we broke up,"

"Oh, man. I'm sorry,"

"It's fine,"

I appreciate how she drops the topic and goes back to what she's doing. I was trying to do my homework but couldn't concentrate so I decide to go for a walk.

I walk around aimlessly for about twenty minutes when I realise that I need to get some snacks for my dorm, so I walk into the grocery store.

It's the same store Eren and I went to for Thanksgiving.

Great.

I go around getting snacks when suddenly I bump into someone,

"I'm so- Eren?"

It was him, standing right in front of me, staring at me with an emotionless look on his face.

Fuckin' hell.

"Thought you left? Was that your fancy way of getting out of our relationship?" he says,

"No..." I mumble,

"Okay," he begins walking away but I grab his arm,

"Can we talk? Please?" he stares at me, silent for a few seconds before sighing,

"Fine,"

A while later we're sitting on the balcony of his apartment, drinking coffee that he had offered and having a cigarette.

I'm back here again, where I told him I loved him. What the fuck universe?

"So? What do you want?" he asks,