dark paradise

It has been a little over a week since you and Armin started dating. You've been going on dates, staying in and visiting each other's dorms. You made him start 'blue spring ride' and he insisted on you watching 'one piece' with him.

Today was a special day. Your nerves were hitting hard just at a thought of your ice skating performance at the regionals. You, Yuri and Viktor were standing in the hall. You had a pretty dark blue short dress and Yuri had his black costume on. Yes, both of you were performing since he is still in the show business as well. He was just as nervous, but everyone tried to make you forget all the pressure with their lame jokes. You threw all of your concern out the window and had fun with them, enjoying the experience.

All of your friends were in the crowd. They wanted to see your professional performance. You were always bragging about your ice skating skills so today, you had to prove yourself to them too. Sasha, Niccolo, Hange and Armin were exited, because they were the only ones to
have ever seen your performance. They were proud and eager to see other's reactions.

In the waiting hall, you met ice skaters you were about to compete with. You got close with three of them: Yurio, Hitch and Norman.

Yurio and Hitch were already familiar with Yuri and Viktor, so they got comfortable in your group easily. Norman was there with his three friends: Emma, Ray and Phil.

They were the cutest children ever. Emma was a little ball of energy, while Norman was more of a chill and mature type. Ray was straight up intelligent and Phil was their little brother who just wanted to see Norman perform.

You talked together and cheered for each other. You encouraged everyone to do their best. You and Yurio were two of the last performers. You were nervous, since he was a dedicated, hardworking professional.

Undoubtedly, Yurio did his routine breathtakingly and it was finally your turn. Your music was dark paradise by Lana del Rey.

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath. As the music started, you opened your eyes and in this huge crowd, they immediately found him. Your lips curved up without anyone noticing and right at that spot, you decided to dance this performance for him. Just for his beautiful eyes to behold. After all, the person you were in love with was watching you so lovingly.

All throughout the performance you held eye contact with the judges. You didn't mess up once. Your solo was very hard, but with the dedication you put in it, everything went perfectly well.

You finished the exact second the song ended. For some moments, it was so quiet in the arena, you could hear your heartbeat. Your limbs felt numb and your breath was loud, as if missing the air like it was kept away from you for centuries. Everyone was taken aback. They received every emotion you put in your solo, shared with delicate expressions and seconds later, they started cheering for you loudly, giving you the satisfaction of stand up ovations.

You turned to face your friends, who were standing there proudly. You couldn't help, but laugh at them. Every cell in your body was screaming with happiness even in such exhausted state. Soon the scores was posted.

1 Yurio
2 y/n
3 Yuri
4 Norman
5 Hitch
...

Though bummed out about coming as the second, you knew Yurio rightfully held the first place. You had a little celebration with the other skaters. They congratulated you and you - them. After a moment, you got out to see your friends, who were patiently awaiting you. Connie, Jean and Marco immediately jumped at you, complementing you. Sasha, Niccolo, Hange and Armin were standing there with smirks that obviously read 'we knew it all along'. Mikasa, Levi, Eren and Erwin came up to you and told you how proud they were of your work. All of their reactions made you feel so fulfilled and thankful to have their love and attention.