05

"I just need her to break up with what's his face first,"

Jocelyn's POV

I was surprised when I heard the knock on my bedroom door. House-elves didn't come unless called for, and my mother usually opened the door with no regard for my privacy at all. But, I thought happily, maybe she'd finally accepted she had a teenage girl for a daughter and it was about time she started showing some respect.

"Come in!" I shouted without turning to look. My room was massive, and the closet was opposite the door.

"SURPRISE!" two voices yelled, scaring the hell out of me and making me drop the t-shirt I was about to pull over my head. I turned around and stared.

"What are you two doing here?!" I shouted.

"Whoa!" Black and Potter said, eyeing me. Only then did it register that I was topless and that they were enjoying the view a bit too much. I quickly recovered the dropped top and put it on, hastily covering my bra.

"There's a bit of drool there," I said pointing at Black's chin. He laughed loudly but didn't look bothered at all.

"You almost gave me a heart attack. What the hell are you doing in my house?" I asked again. Black leaned back casually against my doorframe, but Potter was still standing awkwardly and... was he blushing?

"I thought your mother told you they had invited my parents for lunch," he said, eventually.

"That was today? I thought it was tomorrow" I pulled out a sweater and put it on over my top. "And you? What are you doing here Black?"

"He lives with us now" Potter replied. I looked at Black ready to make a joke about it, but he was somber. Something in the way he was trying to avoid my gaze made me halt.

"For real?" I said, instead.

"Yup" was all I got. I nodded and grabbed my high-heeled black boots.

"Are you going somewhere?" Potter asked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Actually, I made plans for lunch. I'm sorry, I thought your parents were coming tomorrow, and my mum didn't even mention you might be coming too anyway. You never have before" I explained. The Potters and my parents had been friends for ages, and I had met them several times. Their son, however, had stopped coming with them the same year we started attending Hogwarts.

"We can come with," said Black. "I've never been to this part of London before"

"Yeah, no. I don't think so" I said, walking out of the room. They followed me.

"You're meeting your boyfriend, aren't you?" Potter said.

"Don't even think about it"

"You can't stop us. The way I see it, you have two options: you either bring us with you, as a normal person would, or we stalk you and follow you and embarrass you in front of him. Your choice" he said, grinning like a maniac.

"Why?! Oh Merlin, why have you cursed me with these two for friends?!"

"You love us," Black said. I rolled my eyes at them.

"You don't get it, I told him I go to a girls-only school. How am I going to explain you two to him?"

"You tell him... tell him James' your cousin and I'm his friend"

"No, you can be her cousin" Potter protested.

"Why does it matter!? I'm going to be late, I would like it if you didn't come" I said.