Chapter 14 [M]

[Lisa]

I was awaken by the sound of the doorbell. I groaned as I fluttered my eyes open. The sun rays creeping between the curtains hanging by my room  hit my face.

"Oh god. Who could that be?", I glanced at the clock on top of my bedside table.

"At fucking 8am?", I lazily get up and put on my shirt since I always sleep with just my sports bra on.

I look at my video intercom to see who is it. A guy wearing a black cap and a black shirt. A delivery guy?

I went to the door to open it.

"Ah good morning, I'm here to pick up Miss Jennie Kim's luggages", he said. I looked at him from head to toe, not even minding to answer. He looks intimidated, it was evident with the way he gulps and smiled awkwardly at me.

"Uhm.. ma'am? Can I get Miss Jennie Kim's luggages?", He asked again then chuckled awkwardly. I breathed out a chuckle before I answered with a cold tone.

"No, I'll bring this to her", I was gonna close the door but the guy was persistent, he blocked the door by his hand.

"Ma'am. I'm sorry. I was ordered to bring back her things, I might get fired if I can't get it back", he looks scared and worried, almost begging me with the tone of his voice.

I huffed in annoyance and clenched my jaw.

"It's not my problem. I said I'll give it to her personally. Tell her that.", I closed the door but then the door bell rang again. I irritably groaned and opened the door again.

"How much is your salary for a month?", I was already losing my patience.

"I- uh.. w-why ma'am? I- I just really need to get it back please", he pleaded.

"I said how much is your monthly salary?",I asked him sternly.

"It's 3,360 dollars ma'am", he gulped as he was looking at me with teary eyes.

I went back inside my unit and took my cheque and wrote 6000 dollars then signed it. I tore it and gave it to him.

"Just put your name on there. You may leave", I told him. His eyes widened when he got the cheque.

"If you get fired, you have enough budget to find another job", I said and closed the door. I sighed in relief when he didn't ring the bell again.

I turned attention on Jennie's luggage just sitting by the couch.

"Crazy. I spent six thousand dollars for that?", I scoffed and shook my head. What the fuck is happening to me?

I can't deny it, part of me wants to see her. Not that I already like her. I don't know. Am I feeling guilty now? Maybe.

I decided to take a shower to freshen up my morning. I was sleepy earlier but then I couldn't get to sleep anymore.

I decided to just wear a casual attire. Looking myself in the mirror. I'm wearing a gray crop top celine shirt and a camouflage blazer, paired with light blue denim pants and white sneakers. Do I look fine? Pfft.. why am I even bothered with how I look in front of her? Crazy. You're crazy Lisa! I scolded myself and went out of my room.