Chapter 29

Laurens POV

Today is the day. I had waited so long to join and play on a local softball team and now I was able to. I waited until Y/N fully recovered from her injury to actually dedicate myself to play and now months later I was able to. I remembered just seven months ago we were sitting in the bathroom trying to change her bandages and clean the wounds with alcohol.

I always use to play softball in middle school and high school but when I had moved here, I just didn't have the need to play until now. I grabbed my old gear from the garage and got in Y/Ns car. "You nervous babe?" I nodded and just looked out the window thinking to myself to not screw this up. "Don't be, Chris told me you were one hell of a player back then. The video helped prove his point too."

"It's because I was one with my team back in New York. I don't know any of these girls." She nodded understanding how I was feeling. She quickly grabbed my hand and held it over her mouth and kiss the back of my hand so softly that it sent chills down my spine. "When you do shit like that, it doesn't help babe." She chuckled and put our joined hands down and continued driving to the field near our house.

Over the course of the past seven months Y/N and I graduated from college and we both owned our masters degrees in what we wanted to do. Since we both had figured out what we wanted, we decided to just take a break from heading directly into our chosen careers and just have a year to ourselves. I was making great use of it by taking on softball and spending more time with my family since Y/N had to work from time to time.

Y/Ns parents moved into a house just a few blocks down and would come to visit us in our own house. Y/N and Eli had created such a strong bond over the past few months that they seemed to be inseparable. Y/S/N and her mother Scarlett, had also gotten close to each other. I was genuinely happy for Y/N and her sister because they had finally found their true mother and father. They were both surprised to know that Y/N and I had been together for a year now and still in love with each other as the day we first met.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when the car had stopped and a big field was now in front of us with a crowd of people in the bleachers. We both got out of the car and Y/N had grabbed my bag and held my hand as we walked over to the dug out. We were now standing right next to my new teams dug out spot and i grew nervous. "Hey, hey look at me. You're going to kick ass today. You have friends and family in those bleachers cheering you on whether you win or lose. Forget about the whole new team thing, just remember who you are on that field."

Y/N cupped my cheeks and kissed me with a lustful and passionate kiss. I was blown away by her small pep talk but had gained a good enough amount of courage to just stay focused on the game. We pulled away from the kiss getting interrupted by one of the girls on the time whistling and cheering us on. "Lesbihonest now! That was pretty fucking hot!" Y/N shook her head and looked back down at me handing me my bag. "I'll always love you babe."

"I'll always love you too." With that she gave me one last kiss and walked over to the bleachers where both our families were sitting and so were our friends. I quickly entered the dug out and was greeted by the whole team. "Hey welcome new bee!" I waved and smiled and made my way to the back of the dug out to settle my things on the bench.

The game had started shortly after and surprisingly enough after the first inning we had scored 2-0. I was surprised at how quick these girls were and how fast they could run. Next thing I knew I was up to bat and I was nervous as hell. I walked up to the plate and looked at the pitcher in front of me. She popped her gum countless amount of times which only distracted me but I was soon able to block it out.

I started to hear Y/N and my friends and family cheering for me from behind and that brought a new confidence to crash over. "Let's go Lauren! Let's go! Let's go Lauren! Let's go!" I was pumped now. "Cmon baby girl you can do it!" I smiled to myself and saw as the pitcher threw the first ball to me. I swung and could feel the vibration of my bat clashing with the ball, it was like as if everything was in slow motion.