Chapter 1/ survivor

What if... Leafpool never had kits...

What if the three... were someone else

What if...feathertail survived.

Feathertial lept down in front of sharptooth. There was no way she would let this monster hurt her friends! The massive cat lept at her, claws outstretched. She dodged. Scrambling to her feet and fled.

Feathertail stiffened. Her heart raced as she saw Sharptooth coming for her. She knew what she had to do. She raced along the cliffside, the massive cat dead on her tail. "Feathertail!" she heard crowpaw's voice. Her heart twisted as she became all too aware of what she was about to do. The edge was only a few strides away as she readied herself. "Oh no, you don't!"

Something slammed into her only a mouse length away from the edge. She gasped No!

But to her surprise sharptoother didn't change course. Instead stumbling down the waterfall, and into the abyss below.

She glanced around her, who-

There beside her was tawnypelt getting to her paws "Are you hurt?"

Feathertail got to her paws, "no I'm fine, thank yo-"

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!" stormfur cut her off

"You could have gotten yourself killed!"

Feathertail stiffened in indignation "And so what if I did? Someone had to save Crowpaw!"

"Crowpaw could have saved himself! Stormfur spat

Crowpaw bristled "Don't yell at her!"

Brambleclaw glared at him "stay out of it Crowpaw, this is between Feathertail and Stormfur"

Crowpaw growled "She died trying to save me! This is my fault, not hers!"

"Stop it!" Feathertail shouted "This is no one's fault! No one died! Ok, so instead of getting your fur in a bunch why don't we thank Tawnypelt and go back home to warn the clans!

Stormfur glared at her "Fine, we will discuss this later"

Feathertail returned the look but said nothing, she was too tired to deal with his stubbornness at the moment.

The skies had grown dark as the traveling cats made their way down the mountain. No one had spoken since the cave. Crowpaw staying close to her but saying nothing. And Stormfur who hadn't given her a glance. She let out a quiet sigh. She didn't think her friends would forgive her any time soon.