ϲհɑթեҽɾ 3

"Where's your daddy, mein Schatz?"

"I don't know, your hair pretty."

Marissa's lips curled into a small grin. She couldn't stay much longer or she'd find herself in a gun fight with the child's mother. The girl was playing with her hair, kissing her cheeks. She could easily take the child with her, raise her as her own, give her a more useful life then this.

"Me like you. You pretty, why your nose cold? Here."

The girl gave her nappy blanket to her. Marissa felt her heart warm up. This poor child. This poor little child. Marissa picked up the girl, placed her on her hip. Using her pocket cloth to clean the blood off of Amelia's cheek. Walked down the hall to the child's bedroom.

Opening the door, turning on the light. Walking up to the crib and putting the child down. Pulling the blanket over the little body, giving her the teddy bear and kissing her cheeks. Sitting by the crib, holding the girl's little hand between her fingers. Stroking her cheek softly , waiting for her to fall asleep.

As the child fell asleep she got up, walked to the door and shut off the light and closed the door behind her. Walking back down the hall, getting rid of the nanny with the help of that blond idiot. Cleaning her knife and the floor from blood. Leaving out the door as a ghost. Leaving no trace of her appearance in the house.

-

Marissa watched the girl sleep in her arms. Strokes her hair, watched each freckle. Smiling softly to herself. Looking just as much of an angel asleep as she did back then. She hardly thought Amelia would remember. Obviously she didn't. Thank god for that. It would have ruined everything.

She had been awake since 4:30am. Calling around, letting people know she's back to work. At both places. She'd kill him, just as she killed Diana. Crazy bloody witch. It was around 6am now. School didn't start before 8:30 this day, as the principal had said to her over the phone. She could let her sleep a little longer.

She'd turned down each thought he had about them. Saying it was just a friendly friendship, saying she'd known her parents. She wasn't lying. She'd known them, but she didn't need to know. The world may have changed with one birth of light.

Amelia turned around and faced the big windows. Still sleeping soundly. Marissa wrapped her arm around her waist, spooning her from behind. Leaving little soft kisses on the back of her neck and down her shoulder.

Amelia grabbed Marissa's hand and inserted their fingers together. Holding her hand close to her chest, nuzzling her head closer into the pillow.

"Amelia."

"Hm."

"It's time to get up. It's school day."

"Hm, no."

"Yes, it's Friday."

Amelia groaned and held Marissa's arm closer to her.

"Time to get up. So get up."

"No."

"Amelia."

"No, let me sleep. I didn't get much sleep."

"Didn't get much sleep? Then what exactly did you do those 8 hours?"

"Sleep."

"Get up."

"No."

"I'll push you out of the bed."

"Don't care."

She did.

"Marissa! That hurt!"

Amelia said as she rubbed her head.

"Told you. Now get ready, we're leaving in 30 minutes."

"What?! It's not even 7!"

"We are leaving in 30 minutes."

Marissa walked out of the room and Amelia went into the bathroom.

Marissa sat by the kitchen table, a cup of coffee in hand as she watched Amelia walk into the kitchen.

"Took you long enough. I made toast, sit and eat."

"I don't eat breakfast."

"I said, eat."

"Why are you up?"

"Gotta get you ready for school."

"You're dressed."

"What, I have to be naked now?"

"Maybe."

"No naughty thoughts before school, my dear."

"I didn't mean that either."

"I'm sure you did. Staring me down like I'm some meal on the table, ready to be served. Staring is rude. So quit the foolish behaviour." 

"Or what."