8. Are you trying to poison me?

chapter 8. The little Mermaid

 The little Mermaid

third person pov

"All this for that?" Damon spoke as Stefan waved the moon stone in his hand.

"Yep." Stefans tired voice replied.

"I see you've exercised your usual restraint." Stefan sarcastically noted, seeing Damon with a body bag.

"I did, the little mermaids upstairs." Damon told his brother in a matter-of-fact tone.

"I'll text Carol." Damon grabbed Masons phone and began texting.

'Big opportunity in Florida, I'll be gone for a long time. I'll send for my things once I get settled. Much love, Mason.'

"Let's get rid of the body." Stefan bent down to lift the upper half of the body.

"Last number dialed, I wonder who that could possibly be." Damon sarcastically spoke, obviously referring to Katherine.

"No, no, no, don't provoke her." Stefan tried to stop his brother. Damon ran from his brother as he held the ringing cell phone up to his ear.

"Wrong boy toy." Damon slapped Stefans hand away as he spoke into the phone. 

"Damon." Katherines voice spoke.

"For once you've surprised me. I assume Masons with you."

"He's right beside me, all though his hearts across the room." Damon arrogantly spoke.

"You shouldn't have." Katherine Pierce seemed almost speechless.

"I've had a very busy day today.  Killed a werewolf, found a moonstone, did you know mermaids are real? Crazy, I know. Hey where are you? I could bring Masons body over, you know last goodbyes and all that." Damon spoke.

"You have no idea what you've just done." Katherine ignored the new found information on a certain supernatural creature.

"Did I put a kink in your master plan? I'm so sorry." Damon spoke with fake sorrow.

"Did you honestly believe I don't have a plan B? And a C for if that fails, and than a plan D- you know how the alphabet works. Now, send my love to Stefan." With that Katherine hung up the phone.

Stefan, who'd been listening with his advanced vampire hearing, just looked at his brother. Both of them trying to think of what to say.

"What do we do about Laguna?" Stefan asked.

"How do we get her not to talk?" Damon asked, he hadn't thought about what to do with the girl.

"Time to do some research on mermaids." Stefan told his brother.

____________________

After Katherine compelled Jenna to stab herself, Jeremy, Ric, and Elena were at the hospital with her. Dylan sighed in relief when he saw the Gilbert siblings, and immediately went over to them.