Chapter 14

Once the information had been transferred, she bid a swift goodbye to Dalia, and waited at the bar, as if she had been there the whole time.

The bartender smirked at her again, amused by her antics. 

She just raised a finger to her lips.

Just as she was considering going back upstairs to find them, there was a disturbance in the crowd, and coming towards her was Roman.

An angry, angry Roman. His body was tensed and his eyes were stormy. He strode towards her as if about to kill her.

She stood up, ready to give a sarcastic answer, but when he got to her he just seized her arm with his hand and dragged her to the stairs.

His strides were long so she was half dragged, half stumbling along with him.

Once they got to the stairs, she yanked her arm out of his grip and continued up the stairs alone. She got to the room where his friends still sat. Quite a few vampire bodies were still outside the door, but people were dragging them away as she walked past.

In the room, she ignored the glances from the friends, and went over to the table, sitting on it moodily.

Once Roman came glowering in, he strode over to her and grabbed her wrists, fastening the chains around them roughly, as she protested.

"What! It wasn't my fault I have enemies - if anything it's yours for bringing me here-" She argued before his silencing and shockingly aggressive glare met her eyes. She kept quiet but glared back at him. 

"Those bodies" he emphasized lowly, pointing to the hallway "is because of your little scheme. Their deaths are on your head. You've messed up everything here, made is so much harder than it had to be. You couldn't just sit in the corner like every other child." 

He pushed her back onto the desk roughly, turning around to walk away. 

She leapt off again, striding closer to him.

"You know what - yes - those deaths are because of me. Do you want me to feel guilty? Ashamed?" She said quietly, aggressively "Because I can tell you what each one of those vampires did." She challenged him, striding over to the few dead bodies at the entrance of the room. She pointed to one, and then another, bringing up old knowledge buried in the back of her mind.

"These two both raped and killed a 17-year-old girl, "She pointed at another "he, has multiple charges across the world for murder and child trafficking," she pointed at another, the leader "and this guy? Well, he was just a prime-fucking-example of what it means to be a waste of space. He killed over 150 people. Innocent people. And it wasn't a clean, quick death, no. He let them all bleed out, and these were all families. Everyone he killed, he killed their whole family line." Her voice was deadly. "So don't tell me who I've killed, because I know exactly whose death I've caused. And it doesn't matter if you want to tell anyone - tell everyone for all I care! Because I will wear the fact that I am the cause of their death like a fucking badge." She finished her speech in a low tone, face to face with Roman, who was emotionless, except his eyes, which seemed to be burning. She couldn't determine what emotion cause his eyes to be so fiery, but they were alight. 

She brushed past and headed for the door before she turned around and addressed Roman's friends. 

"And just so you know, I'm here as a hostage in order to manipulate an underage assassin that Roman is using. Nice to meet you." Her voice was sarcastic and dry, anger underlying every word.

She stormed out the door, before turning around and calling back.

"And don't worry Roman, I won't run away and stop being your precious hostage. I have no choice, remember?" She called back icily.