Quick Author's Note and Q&A

Hello there everyone. My apologies for not updating as much. I'm kinda sick, so yeah... I won't get into details.

I still hope to update the fanfic as much and as soon as possible. My health will have to come first, so I hope you all understand. After all, I'm sure you'd all prefer longer and better written chapters, so of course it will take time.

Anywho, here is a Q&A for you all:

Q: Who is your favorite ToG character?

A: It is Khun. No doubt about it. I admire his loyalty to his friends, and how he is so cunning and intelligent. He is always at least two steps ahead, and I honestly strive for that. I'm also fond of Bam because he is so sweet and precious and honestly I'd love to have a friend like him.

Q: How did you go about planning the reader/fanfic?

A: Well, it all started out with me falling for a certain fictional blue haired jerk, and getting really into ToG. And I was thinking y'know what? I haven't tried writing a fanfiction since 2015/2016, and I've never really tried officially posting one online before, so why not start now? When planning a fanfic idea, I wanted to follow along with the webcomic/anime as much as I could, because I really worry about making characters too out of character. I plan to continue sticking to the plotline of the anime/webcomic as much as possible for this reason.

As far as the reader goes, I sorta based the reader off of myself in a way. Partially because I tend to write protagonists that I personally relate to, but also because I felt a sorta passive character would fit well with Khun. See, Khun attached himself to both Maria and Bam, both of which had kind natures. I just felt that it made the most sense that way, for the reader to have a passive nature. I think it would also bring out a soft and loving side to Khun, and let's be honest, that's what we all want here, right?

Q: Why did you make reader a scout?

A: Due to the personality I chose, I made the reader a scout, since a fisherman or spear-bearer wouldn't make a lot of sense, since the reader tends to be a pacifist and doesn't like to fight. In addition, I felt that a fisherman position would make the reader be too overpowered. I also wanted to avoid making the reader a wave controller, since it would interfere with the plot for Bam and Laure being the ones that pass; I also wanted to avoid having the reader be too similar to Bam, which I tend to find is a common trait across a lot of fanfics I've read (No offense. Your stories are still great; I still read them and thoroughly enjoy them). I also made the reader a scout because I wanted to explore that area of the series, since it wasn't really mentioned at all; I thought it would be fun to show a bit more of what it was like "training" under Quant. Plus I wanted to include Hatz and Shibisu more; they're great dudes and deserve more credit and screen time.

Q: Why did you have reader be one of the characters put into Khun's bag?

A: To be completely honest, part of me just really didn't feel like writing out the entire thing with trying to find teammates, the shinsu barrier/wave test, and the door test. In order to make things work, reader would've been with a more side character team, and I'm sure that would feel like unnecessary filler. Also, I thought that it would make a more natural connection if Khun was the first person the reader met. Besides, the reader doesn't really want to make friends in the beginning, or fight for that matter.

Q: What's your favorite moment you have written so far?

A: Uhhhhhh I honestly have no clue. The one that comes to mind is when reader is trying to train with Hatz and Shibisu, and Shibisu just automatically assumes that the reader and Khun are a couple, because honestly I could see Shibisu assuming such a thing; he also reminds me of a friend and that friend did something similar to me, so yeah. I also really enjoyed writing the moment where all the scout buddies are trying to make friends, and the reader teases Khun about being jealous and sarcastically calls him "dear".

Q: What else do you have to say about your fanfic so far?

A: I do have some pretty big things planned, so be prepared. Yes, a confession will happen, and much cuter moments will as well, just be patient my friends. Also, thank you all to those who have read, enjoyed, and supported "As If I'd Ever Fall For You"; you're the real MVPs here.