Part 46

Dear diary,
Today was the day of the funeral. Me and Klaus had barely spoken since last night. I did want to speak to Elijah. Rebekah was suspended in silence. The hole house was suspended in silence. I got ready, I wore my darkness black dress and placed my hair down at my shoulders. I made my way down to stairs where I was meet by Klaus. "Everyone has left, I'm here to accompany you" he said. I descended down the stairs, stopping in front of Klaus. "I didn't mean what I said last night" I said turning back to him. "I mean anything I said" Klaus said back to me. We exchanged smiles. Klaus reached into the pocket of his black suit, pulling out a pink lily. "This made me think of you" he said offering me the flower. As I grabbed the flower our hands touched for a moment. "Thank you, it lovely" I said giving the flower a blow. The flower liven at the touch. "I'll cherish this forever" I said to Klaus our eyes meeting. As we exited the house I placed the flower down on the kitchen table. Together me and Klaus walked the few streets to the governor's mansion. The funeral was hosted in their huge backyard. We were greeted by the governor at the front door. He escorted us to yard, full of people. I swallowed, nervous. There was a screams in the distance. My ears opened as I turned towards the sound. Their was a boy not much younger than 8 being whipped. I was prepared to stop the torture, when Klaus grabbed my arm. "Grace it's not your place" he said. "This is not the way to treat other human being" I said ripping my arm from his grip. I looked over as the little boy pick up a rock throwing it at his attacker. I pick up my dress as I ran up to him. I knelt down in front of him. I looked to see tears in his eyes. "Are you in pain" I asked knowing the answer. I could feel his emotions, his pain. It rippled though me. He nodded wiping a tear from his face. "Come" I said standing up, offering him my hand. As he placed his hand in mine, I took his pain. It was too much for a person so young to have. I walked him over to where Klaus was standing. I looked up at him. "Can we take him home... please" I begged. "We already took in one stray, we are not taking in another" Klaus sighed. "You girl" I man yelled. It was the governor. He caught me off guard, grabbing my arm forcing me away from the boy. He threw my back, my body falling on the grass. My knees where scraped, and my arms had rug burn. I was battered and bruised. I fought my bodies urge to heal. Showing my true self, could put a target on my family. I could lose any one else. My body flinched in pain. Klaus's face grew anger at my pain. His face turning evil. Dark veins surround his eyes. He gripped the governors neck as he forcefully drank his blood. The boy cried. I quickly got up from the ground, picking up the boy wrapping in my arms shielding his eyes. The governors lifeless body fell to the ground, no one turned an eye. "Shh" I said rubbing his back. "Look up, what that" I said to him in a happy voice, creating butterflies with my magic. The boy looked up, happy at the sight of the butterflies. "We can keep him" Klaus said turning to me. Blood dripped from his face. Klaus and I left the funeral taking the little boy with us. I placed him down on the ground taking his small hand. "I'm Grace" I said smiling down at him. "And this is Klaus" I said pointing at Klaus. "I'm Marcel" he quietly spoke. "Nice to meet you" I said as we started to walk home. Klaus and I readied a room for him, near ours. I tucked Marcel in to the bed. "Get some sleep, my strong boy" I smiled before leaving his room. I walked to the kitchen where Klaus had set out a bowl of freshly washed blueberries. I giggled walking over to them. Klaus still had blood on his face, but I didn't mind. "Thank you" I said munching on a blueberry. "Anything for you love" Klaus smiled. Klaus took a step closer to me. His gaze drawing me in. "I will always protect you" Klaus slowly said before leading in. His lips meet mine. I could taste blood, I wasn't bothered I wanted him more. I quickly pulled away. Wiping the blood from my lips. I was intrigued by him, I couldn't stop myself. I pressed my lips on his. Pulling him closer by the collar of his suit. Klaus grabbed a hold of me as he sped me to the counter. He placed me on the cold surface his body closer to mine. I wrapped my legs around his torso as his lips went down my neck. Blood ran down from both of us. The blood of our enemy.