surreal ❁✩

summary: you and florence have been best friends for a long time. you both live together and you have been contemplating on the idea of whether or not you should tell her how you feel.

--------------------------------------

you might have had the most awful day today. you woke up late, missed the bus, and to your damn luck, it was raining. when you finally get to your first lecture, you were drenched. it was embarrassing.

finally, after an eventful day, you come home to a mouth-watering smell. your roommate, florence, had been cooking something delicious in the kitchen.

both you and florence had been very close friends since you were little, and when you both got older, you decided it was a great idea to move in. yeah, it was a great idea alright.

about 6 months ago, you realized you had a crush on her. fuck that. you were in love with her. you couldn't tell if she felt the same way, because she was touchy with everyone she met. you realized florence's love language was touch, and her being affectionate around other friends meant just that. friends. nothing more, nothing less.

"y/n!, you're home!" you hear florence from the kitchen, losing your train of thought.

"come in the kitchen, i want you to taste this." florence says.

walking in the room, you see florence already holding the spoon and waiting for you to taste what she made. you walk up to her and she feeds you her dish. and holy shit was it delicious. you close your eyes and let a moan come out your mouth, and without your notice, florence clenches her jaw and swallows hard.

you open your eyes and see florence just staring at you. your heartbeat races and quickly say,

"wow. that was good."

'wow that was good?' do you hear yourself??

florence giggles and goes back to stirring. "dinner will be ready in a minute. why don't you go make the table."

you nod and head for the little table outside the kitchen. as you fix the table, you go back to thinking. wondering if that sound you let out earlier affected her in some way. of course you'd never push anything, you'd never do anything to make florence uncomfortable. she would tell you if she was. however, you were still curious. you always thought about how you'd confess to her, and if you did, would she take it lightly? would she still be in your life? would she still want you as a friend? these thoughts were flooding through your mind until you felt a slight kick on your leg.

"food's ready." florence says, holding the bowl of food, slightly amused at you.

-

as you eat dinner, you tell florence about your eventful day. she starts laughing at you and you couldn't help but to just look at her. god even her laugh could make your worst days brighter.

"y/n? helloooo?" florence says, waving her hand in front of your face.

"hm? oh sorry. i was just lost in thought." you say, trying to be nonchalant.

"yeah... lost in thought alright. you've been quiet. what's on your mind?" florence asks.

oh shit. it's now or never y/n.

"um.. it's nothing, how was your day?" you say trying to change the subject.

florence smiles and tells you about her day. as you listen, you continue to eat your delicious meal.

"oop, you've got something on your face," florence says, gesturing to the stain on your cheek.

you try to rub it off but florence beats you to it. she rubs the stain off your cheek with her thumb and you could do nothing but just sit there in tension. you smile and say, "thank you."