Chapter 3

Three hours ago during a wedding rehearsal...

"Master Van Dort, from the beginning. Again."

Pastor Galswells repeated disapprovingly, a bony-tall old man with a long hooked nose like a leafless branch, a lower jaw like Lady Everglot's, and a crooked back. He stood at the table in front of Victor and Victoria, quietly holding candles, on his appearance he wore a gray mantle and a sharp-topped sacred hat on his head, with his two hands he held a thin crutch and a biblical book to give a better reading of the wedding vows to Victor, to give the boy better to remember how to learn it before tomorrow's wedding. But after a three hours, they stood in the drawing room with their parents, who sat behind them and watched closely to see if their children could rehearse so well or not so immediately before the wedding that they gave the two newlyweds advice on marriage decisions. However, things did not go as expected. Victor completely forgets to remember how to learn wedding vows that it makes his mistakes, because it irritated Pastor Galswells because of Victor's unraveling.

Apparently, the old priest began to look at the book to read again the vow for Victor, which he did not untangle from mistakes.

"With this hand, I will lift your sorrows.
Your cup will never empty, for I will be your wine." He stopped briefly. Then he looked at the book again, repeated for reading. "With this candle, I will light your way in darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine." He finished reading them in a short second.

When he had finished pronouncing, slowly he looked at Victor with his stern gaze to let him learn this as he commanded.

"Let's try it again." Pastor Galswells said grimly.

"Yes. Yes, sir." Victor shyly agreed. He tilts his candle up to another candle with a small fire to light them. "With this candle..." When he tried to light, because his candle could not be combined with another to light without any phenomenon. "This candle..." He recited again. He lit them again with little hope, but it didn't work. "This candle." With the last effort put his candle on the fire that it lasts the shortest way lit at once.

He tilts his head to see his upset parents whispering to each other about him with his unwarranted effort to light a candle.

"Shall I get up there and do it for him?" Mrs. Van Dort asked, waving her fan lightly.

"Don't get all aflutter, dear." He whispered at her, confirmed Mr. Van Dort.

Then Victor turns his head away from his parents to look at the Everglots, who are sitting motionless in chairs with incomprehensible testimony and a gloomy, cold expression, they saw why this boy can not light a candle so immediately.

Suddenly he heard Pastor Galswells cough to call him back to look at the candle, which he had lightly lit from another witness which the two had just combined. Victor waved his candle in the fire over him with relief, and finally began to read the vows in his memory.

"With this candle..." He recited again. He accidentally blew out the candle with a soft laugh.

Everyone at the rehearsal moaned in frustration, and Victoria was worried. Victor did not know for sure that it lasts all day because of reading the vows without accident.

"Continue!" Exclaimed Pastor Galswells, tired of Victor with the candle in his awkwardness.

Suddenly the doorbell rang, and Lord Everglot ordered his butler to open the door to an unknown guest.

"Get the door, Emil." Said Lord Everglot with his order. And the butler rushed from here from the drawing room to the entrance gate of the mansion.

"Let's just pick it up at the candle bit." Pastor Galswells offered with his frowning grim expression.

Half a second later, when a butler named Emil returned to the rehearsal for Lord Everglot, he was holding a card with his right hand, but someone gave him a card, he looked at the card in an instant, and then he spoke to his lord.