CHAPTER 40

Kendra's p.o.v

They say life is full of so many surprises.

*****

Two days ago

*****

I took a look at the outfit I was wearing as I stood in front of the mirror. Carter and I has been spending a lot of time wit each other and today we were going to have a bit of fun together.

I looked at my face as I applied makeup on myself, I looked very pale and sickly and to be honest I was really scared. Everything had changed a bit since Hath-Seth died, but the fact was that I still hadn't gotten a donor and at this point it was really unlikely that I would find anyone suitable.

I took a look at my face as I applied a bit of red lipstick to liven up my face a bit. Satisfied with my look I grabbed my purse and took a look at my phone.

DR. Emil: You need to come in, you've spent enough time outside, I advise you to tell your family.

Me: I will come in, just give me until the end of the day, I will tell my family, just not yet.

I replied back to Dr Emil's message as I took one last look at my room and walked out, closing the door behind me.

As I walked out of my room I watched as Carter stood up and walked up to me smiling as we both walked out of his house together.

"So where are we off to today?" I asked gently with a smile on my face as we sat down in the car.

"You'll know when we get there" he said to me smiling brightly as the car sped off. We planned of spending the whole day together and I wanted to make the most of it.

It took a while but finally we arrived at a large building and I smiled his way excitedly when I realised where we were at.

"An arcade" I squealed out excitedly as I thought of the games I would play today, I really wanted to play the shooting game, I don't know what it's called thought. I thought to myself as I smiled happily wanting nothing more than to jump into Carters arm and run into the building.

I sat down patiently in the car hopping from one foot to the other as I waited impatiently for him to park the car.

When I realised, he had finally parked the car I hopped out of the car as fast as I could as far as my weak body could go and waited for Carter to step out of the car.

Once he was out of the car I waited as he walked towards my side, then I grabbed his arm and started pulling him excitedly into the building.

As we walked into the building my eyes lit up as I saw so many people here as well as the many games that I could play. I was really excited about arcades because I couldn't really do much when I was young, so being in an arcade is like relieving the childhood I didn't get to have.

I could play games like basketball in here on the machine without worrying about anything, because I wouldn't really be playing an actual game, but this really meant a lot to me and I was so happy and surprised that Carter knew to take me here.

"Thank you so much" I said to him as I smiled his way.

He smiled back my way as we walked inside, the first thing I decided to play was target practice.

As we walked into the gaming hub, we paid the fees for the game and then I was handed a gun as I walked and stood at the spot and looked straight at the target.

I followed the instructions and loaded the gun with blanks. I smiled as I took a look at Carter and then aimed at the target. I took my first shot and looked at the score board and unsurprisingly I missed.