𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝑪𝒐𝒑𝒚𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 © 2021 -𝑱.𝑹𝒂𝒆

———⋆———

𝑵 𝑶 𝑻 𝑰 𝑪 𝑬

This is my original work, any effort to copy it or post it elsewhere without the author's consent will be considered copyright

This book contains mature themes not suited for young readers, deals with sensitive topics such as abuse, and mass genocide. Please read at your own discretion.

———⋆———

𝑩 𝑳 𝑼 𝑹 𝑩

Time had stood still for as long as I could remember. Until one day, it didn't. What weaken barrier had been protecting me finally broke, and with it came the collapse of the earth. Dirt poured into my mouth, I kept my eyes forced shut. In a panic, I made efforts to spit it out but to no avail. Then, my instincts began to kick in. Arms fought against the soft soil until finally, a few fingers reached the surface. From there I clawed my way out, freeing my upper body and dragging my lower half from its shallow grave. I coughed, coughed the thick muck from out of what felt to be as deep as my lungs, and grasped at my chest as if it might allow me to breathe easier. "Father?" I weakly called, pulling my hair from the grave. It seemed endless.

Glancing around brought me dread. Above me laid a wisteria tree, one fully grown and surrounded by other saplings and trees in the distance. That alone meant it had been twenty years, but the earth said otherwise. It had grown, died, and been cut oddly. This was not my land, not anymore. "Okay, what the fuck. Listen, I swear I didn't smoke before this so there can't be any way I'm imagin' this shit." My head whipped in the direction of the male voice, longing to see someone familiar. And yet, there on a plaid blanket sat six men. Each has a completely different colored hair and origin. I had never seen so many species together without seeing blood.

"Smoke? You've been smoking?" The Magenta haired boy who had spoken privately placed his hands to cover his face, whereas a brown-haired man gave him a smack to the back of the head. "I knew I smelled that shit! And you gaslit me into thinking Raven had some new plants in his nest!" A man with wings, and multi-colored eyes, pointed at himself. In all my years I had never seen a winged creature other than a fairy.

"Come on you could have broken my glasses and then what? You'd all be dead!"

"With your weak genes?" I didn't catch the source of the voice. However, it didn't come from either previous man.

"Soo, we're jus' going to ignore the girl covered in dirt?" A red-haired man stood from his spot and approached me. Instantly, I pushed myself backward only to fall into my hole once more. This time sideways. "Woah there Angel, try not to fall too much. When's the last time you walked on those legs anyways?" His pale arm reached out for me, a friendly yet seductive smile plastered on his lips. "Come along now, love. I don't bite." Finally, I reached for his hand and allowed him to lift me from my... grave. That's when I noticed just how pale I was. I looked like a lily of the valley, nothing compared to my natural glow. How long had I been under?

"She looks so cold, how could anyone get so pale?" The redhead snapped his head back at the blonde who spoke, "She.. It's a compliment!" he rushed his words, before removing some sort of clothing layer and placing it over my shoulders. "Here, try and warm up." As dirty as I was, he still allowed me to wear something of his.