1: Introduction.

Welcome to my second response book to Katherina-Michael’s series ‘Journey of Faith’. This book is responding specifically to her book, ‘Thoughts of a Doubting Christian’.

I began this series to clarify what the Bible says on various things, and untangle the web of misconceptions about the Bible’s doctrine.

In this book, we will be looking at the many confusing scriptures and questions which led to Katherina’s eventual loss of faith, as well the loss of faith of many of her young readers.

It has become very popular in Christian culture to ignore questions and doubts, and even reject them, on the grounds of ‘simply trusting’.

Now I want to be clear, there are definitely times where we should trust in what the Bible and our Lord say, however, some take this too far and stop seeking knowledge altogether.

Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. ~1 Peter 3:15

This verse isn’t just talking about having the answer ‘Jesus gives me hope’, it’s also about understanding God’s character (without such knowledge, you will not fully understand the cross).

So we are supposed to seek to know Him, because He is the source of knowledge and wisdom. A personal relationship with God is absolutely crucial to interpreting the Scriptures, just as knowing a person is crucial to properly understanding their words and actions.

It is easy to misinterpret someone’s motives if you do not have a relationship with them. That is why we must seek answers to our questions and doubts, not just ignore them.

Final note:
So in this book, I will be taking the questions and doubts Katherina wrote about, and I will be explaining them out of my personal relationship with God, as well as from the information I have gathered from the last seven years of research.

If any of my explanations and arguments don’t make sense, or have flaws, feel free to tell me about it in the comments.

Also if you come up with more questions as a result, feel free to message me privately or in the comments as well.

So without further ado, let’s begin!