𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

They say that love is a counteracting force. Love was meant to bring them together, but it only repelled them and formed a new-found way of looking at life.

Nothing was ever simple.

Time was never meant to be forever, life was always meant to run out. There was no state of eternal glory: evil had corrupted it from the beginning and prevented it from becoming a reality.

Darkness never failed to poison innocent minds, channelling a whimsical valley of distress within the soul – penetrating the longing for contentment and instead drowning it in anguish and agony.

Life had thrown many chances at them, forcing them to make decisions they didn't want to make. They could change their fate if they truly wanted to. They could work together and destroy the darkness that seeped into the cracks around them... its crimson walls drawing out their attentiveness.

She was seen as a victim in the Devil's play, a hunted essence made to fall at his feet, as he stood above and watched her suffer.

The binding of lust and determination ended in a sin-like feeling, a never-ending sense of unknown love. Their love.

It was a bittersweet tragedy never meant to succeed, but they stuck at it, never leaving their task at hand; to survive.

Harmonising thoughts caught them in a trance, and held them hostage within their own minds: stuck in a state of solitude as the world continued moving around them, leaving them there to watch and struggle against the restraints.

But their love fought through the open battlefield of life, fighting through the pains and struggles that they were destined to face and held them both in a heavenly and welcoming grasp.

But love was a slight moment of pleasure for a lifetime of pain... and theirs had gone through it all.

─────