ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛ ᴅɪꜱᴘᴏꜱɪᴛɪᴏɴ

SIXTEEN

HAND PRESSED TO the window, with a cloth between her skin and the cold, glass pane. Her arms hadn't known rest in a while, and the same could be said for the wolf boy who helped her.

After a day's worth of tidying the house, the interior was free of dust and cobwebs, even the little pieces of old wood that had fallen from the frames.

"Why don't we take a break?" (Y/n) suggested, wiping the beads of sweat from her forehead. "It'll give me a chance to read the books I got from the library yesterday."

The boy nodded an "okay".

The two made their way to the pile of blankets on the floor, the ones the girl placed in a corner to sleep on through the dark of night. It wasn't comfortable like the one from home, but she made do with what she had.

Razor sat down next to (Y/n) as she slid her fingertips against the soft cover, prompting it open to the index. Inside, hundreds of names and variety of plants greeted her, a smile rising to her lips.

Out of the blue, he spoke up. "You... go with Aether?" He asked.

"Hm?" She looked over at him. "Go where?"

"Festival," He said. "In city."

Her gaze dropped back down to the pages. "I don't think so... I kind of want to stay here, where it's safe and quiet."

Razor struggled to find the right words to say. His eyes darted around, lighting up when he found what he felt were the best ones.

"...Aether is there," He reminded her. "When I am not with you, he is."

"You're not wrong there," She flashed him a subtle smile. "I guess I'm still a bit shaken up from what happened, that's all."

Razor couldn't help but let out a subtle sigh. "...Want you to be happy," He said. "Have lots of fun."

(Y/n) flashed him a reassuring expression. "...I'll think about it," She told him.

The (h/c) haired girl then turned her attention back to the book, hovering it between the two as she parted her lips to speak. "Look," She pointed towards the image of a flower on the page. "You think these would look nice outside?"

"Very pretty," His face inched closer to the picture. "Like you."

At his sudden words, (Y/n)'s eyes flickered from the page towards his face. "...You really think so?"

The wolf boy glanced at her. "Yes," He said without hesitation.

(Y/n) felt a butterfly or two emerge from his response, She shook it off and cleared her head, focusing her attention to the book in her grasp. The two continued looking at the pictures inside the pages, making note of which ones would either look or do great for a garden.

"Look at all this!" Paimon raised her hands into the crimson sky. "It's all so breathtaking!"

Petals fell from the garlands that were strung across the towering buildings, crowds alike bustled through the enormous streets of Mondstadt, making their way through the festivities and stalls that smoked with the aroma of local dishes.

"What do you want to do first, Paimon?" Aether asked as he followed his companion, watching in amusement as she marveled at the incredible beauty of the city at sunset.

"Can we try the food first?!" She faced him, sparkles in her eyes as her mouth watered thinking of the piping hot food she could devour.

"Let's go then," He motioned for her to follow him.