Prolouge

(that's skylar -red hair- and alex -black hair- up there)

(Skylar's p.o.v.)
Today I'm going to do it. I'lm not going to chicken out like yesterday and everyday before that.
"You are going to talk to him right?" Alex (-k- Alexandria) said to me as we were finishing our lunch.
"Yes, I'm not a chicken." I replied.
"That's what you said yesterday." She giggled. I glared at her.
"Shut up." I shushed as the lunch bell went off. We got up to throw out our next class. Out of no where, in the middle of the coridor, Alex had a mini freak attack.
"What is wrong with you?" I laughed.
"You're not going to chicken out today right?" She asked. I simply nodded, "Then here's your chance." She smirked and pointed at him. Him as in Manny. I've had a huge crush on him since seventh grade and we're seniors now. I know, I'm pathetic.
"Go talk to him Ms.I-won't-chicken-out." Alex teased. I shook my head quickly then turned to go up the stairs, but before I knew it, Alex grabbed me and pushed me right into him making me drop all my stuff.
"What the hell dude!" Manny basically shouted at me. When he turned around and saw me, his expression changed from anger to sympathetic, "Oh Skylar, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you." He said.
"You know my name?" I asked. He gave me the cutest half smile.
"Yeah, we've been in the same class since seventh grade." I blushed a bright red then got down to pick up my books.
"Here let me help you." He said as he started to help me. His hand brushed against mine a few times and each time I got the chills. It was obvious that he noticed because he would chuckle every time.
"So my friend is having this party tonight and I was kind of hoping that you'd go with me." He smiled. I was speechless. The first time I talk to him, he asks me out. He was asking me out right?"
"Like a date?" I asked and instantly regretted it. What if he thinks I'm pushing it too far. Be he smiled and nodded his head.
"Yeah like a date." Ok now I'm completely speechless. I want to! Yes! But my lips wouldn't move. I was just there beat red. Thank God I have Alex.
"Of course she'll go! She's just a little shocked right now but she would love to go!" Alex said saving the day.
"Great, I'll pick you guys up tonight, just text me your address." He said as he gave me a piece of paper with his number on it. When he walked away, I almost cried. After waiting six years he finally asks me out.