Part 48

Dear diary,
After we were far enough from the group, Elijah pulled me back. He pinned me against the wall. Placing his hand on the wall blocking my escape. I could feel his emotions, his anger. "Klaus" he angrily asked. "Elijah I don't understand, what are you asking?" I asked in return. "Did you and Klaus canoodle?" He angrily said his face close to mine, the area between us becoming steamy. I took a deep breath my chest slowly rising and falling. "No" I whispered in response. Elijah let out of the wall taking a step back as he rubbed his forehead. "But you were going too. Correct?" He asked his voice lower then before. "Possibly" I quietly said. Disappointed in myself for hurting him so bad. I could feel is pain and see the looks he gave me. I was ashamed. I took a step closer to Elijah. "Elijah look at me" I sweetly said. Elijah dropped his hand from his face. His brown eyes gleaming at me. I took his hands. "I choose no one, if it would inflict pain" I said meeting his gaze. "No Grace" Elijah said pulling me closer. His strong arms wrapping around my waist. "You may not choose, but I must feel what it is like to be loved by you" he said bring my hand to his face, softly kissing my knuckles. I smiled back. "Now I must go check on Marcel" I said to Elijah freeing my hands. Happy we had cleared up our situation. "If you must" Elijah said letting me walk away. He desperately as I left his arms. As I entered Rebekah room, I saw her sitting on her bed watching him play on the floor. "Both brothers" Rebekah frowned. She must have overheard my conversation in the hallway. "Excuse me" I said tilting my head. "You're just like Katherine" she said crossing her legs looking away from me. "Who's Katherine?" I asked walking over to the bed taking a seat next to her. Rebekah told me the long dramatic story of Katherine Pierce who was my great half-niece. I took Rebekah hands as I looked up at her. "I promise I'm nothing like Katherine, and if my relationship with your brothers makes you uncomfortable I will end it immediately" I promise her. She smiled back nodding her head agreeing to my terms. "Rebekah you're important to me, you and Tina are my sisters" I smiled as I let go of her hands. "We are a family Grace, always and forever" Rebekah said. Words that stuck with me for my entire life. I looked over at Marcel as he played with Rebekah woven dolls on the ground. I couldn't help but think the worst as I watched him. Unfortunately I was immortal and he was not. He would age, grow old and I would not. I wanted him to have a happy and fulfilling life. I was disappointed he wouldn't be a baby for much longer. Life move quickly.