𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝗼 𝐇𝗼𝐠𝐬𝗺𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞

The Hogsmeade trip had been a lot better than Margaret had initially thought. Because despite her initial desire to stay in her dorm and read on the windowsill, she was so grateful that Lily had managed to drag her out and have a fun time... even if she did end up a muddy mess.

(Earlier that morning)

Margaret POV:

"Sadly, I didn't have enough time to plan when I'm going to set your bloody kneecaps on fire," I said with a smirk as I watched the brief look of horror settle over Padfoot's facade. Once that happened, we all started laughing, even good ol' Evans.

"I'd like to see you bloody well try," he retorted, that is once he had composed himself.

"I wouldn't put it past Sunshine here to pull something like that, so don't tempt her Pads," stated Remus; trying to hide his smile with the book he had been reading while waiting for us. I myself love to read as well, it's something he and I bond over.

(Flashback)

Remus and I are curled up reading against the old oak tree down by the Black Lake. We had been reading the same book and it was getting a bit hard for me to read, considering the distance Remus was holding the book from us. It was a crisp spring morning, calm yet the air still had a bit of a nip to it from winter. I reached for the book and he held it higher, keeping it out of my reach. So, I decided to reach further and missed; grabbing his hand that had been grasping the book.

"Oh my Merlin, your hands are colder than Pads mum," I laughed as I instinctively tried to warm him up. I then moved to the side of him and scoot myself behind him.

"Sunny what the bloody hell are you doing," Remus asked as he let out a loud laugh.

"You'll see," I replied with a soft smile dancing upon my lips. I then wrapped my legs around his middle from behind him as well as my arms, enveloping him in a hug as I rested my head on his right shoulder. "Now I can read better and you aren't cold it's a win win situation," I whispered softly. As though if it had been louder it would have disrupted the way that time stops when he's in my arms, melting into my touch subconsciously.

So there we sat, reading; tangled up together, whispering because we're afraid time will start again.

(End of flashback)

"Earth to Sunshine, you there mate?" questioned my best mate James with a wide grin, snapping his fingers in front of my face; making me nearly jump out of my skin.

"Well I sure as hell am now," I replied after a pause; trying to hide the strain in my voice. Not wanting my friends to know that it bothered me, because then they'd want to know why.

Why I flinch or retreat within myself at certain words or phrases. With the voice of my father echoing through my head following, his venom laced words haunting me. Why I don't view it as a big deal; because other people have it a lot worse and I should just do what I know and suck it up.

So that's what I did. I stayed quiet for the most part whilst we were walking to the carriages that took the students from the Hogwarts grounds to the small town of Hogsmeade. Laughing when the others did; yet still stuck inside of my own head. Once our trek to the carriage had come to a close, we had eventually come to the realization that there were only supposed to be four to a carriage.

We had a group of six, meaning that two of us were going to have to either wait for two other people to share with, or walk to Hogsmeade.

"So, because there's only four seats, do you want to walk to Hogsmeade with me Wormy?" I asked the quiet boy; noticing that he was feeling left out.

"Sure Sun," he replied; a wide grin spreading across his lips.

"Well then it's settled, Wormtail and I will meet you lot at The Three Broomsticks, yeah?" I then concluded, a bright smile masking my emotions as our group went our separate ways. Peter and I started walking down a trail as our friends got into the carriage.

A comfortable silence filling the air as we trudged along, until Peter suddenly spoke up and broke the silence,

"So, are you going to tell me what's wrong or am I going to have to guess," he questioned, concern lacing his voice.

"What are you on about Wormy, nothing's wrong," I replied with slight strain in my voice, biting the inside of my cheek as I realized that he saw through my facade.

"I know that you think we don't notice, and I'm not sure if the others do or not," he said; briefly pausing before continuing, "but I do notice. Like how you flinched when Prongs snapped in front of your face, or how you bite the inside of your cheek when you're nervous. I just want to make sure you're doing alright, yeah?" he noted gently, his thoughtful tone warming the chilled air around us.

"I appreciate that a lot actually, but it's nothing big really. Just wondering how I did on my parchment for Minnie's class is all," I finally said, before returning to biting the inside of my cheek.

And as we fell into step once more, the silence returned and I knew that he saw through my lies.

But he could tell that I didn't want to talk about that and would tell him when I was ready.

*End Margaret POV*

*A/N*
Hey guys, sorry I haven't written in a while. I was really busy with final exams and I also moved so that took a lot of my time. And I just didn't really have inspiration for writing but I'm going to try to write more often.

Thanks for reading ❤️