I Want You To Be Happy

I woke up as I got out of bed and into the bathroom as I walked out to see Lexi already with a drink in her hand.

"Don't"

"Don't what, Lexi?" I grabbed the drink in her hands.

"You are thinking of staying," she told me.

"How could I leave now?! Elena is in transition!"

"Allie, Elena has a lot of people to help her okay? You need to put yourself first"

I sighed "how could I just leave?!"

"You need to Allie, you know it, I'm just here to give you the push" she smiled.

"I just, Stefan is going to need me Lexi"

"Then he can call you, he chose Elena. It's time to let him go"

I took down the drink as I handed him the empty glass as I nodded.

"I know you're right" I went to change. As I went to talk to Matt, check up on him and basically say goodbye to him. I then called Tyler.

"Hey Ty, um where are you? Just wanted to talk to you, call me!"

I then called Bonnie and did the same and left a voicemail.

Tyler called me back "Alex"

"Hey Tyler, where are you?" I asked him "I wanted to talk to you"

"I'm in the Lockwood cellar"

"I'll be right there!" I hung up as I went to the cellar "Tyler?"

"In here" I walked in as I saw a bunch of candles and a coffin.

"Is that Klaus's coffin?"

"Yeah"

"What is it doing in here?"

"Just keeping it safe"

"You know I was going to leave with him" I smiled "He asked me to go with him and I finally made my decision and he left me" I sighed "promise myself I wouldn't cry" I looked at Tyler "I wanted to say goodbye Ty"

"Goodbye? You're leaving?"

I nodded "it's time, I've spent so many years in this town. Putting other people's happiness above mine, slowly losing myself as my friend tells me. I need to put myself first for once, it's time for me to go"

"I'm going to miss you"

I smiled as I hugged him "me too"

I walked over to Niklaus's coffin "I didn't know about you and Klaus"

"Yeah, I don't think I ever told you" I sighed "it's weird, I know you must hate him Tyler. Trust me I've tried but I love him too much especially to hate someone forever, it's just so long" I smiled "he's bought me so much pain but so much light and love too. He has always been there for me, protecting me in his own crazy ways" I looked at Tyler and smiled "and I was ready, I was ready for him, for us to leave this town. I should probably go"

"Are you saying goodbye to everyone?"

"Slowly yeah"

"Where are you going?" He asked me.

"No clue yet, probably New York then back home to the west coast"

He nodded "do you miss him?"

"Niklaus?" I asked as he nodded "I do" I smiled "I left him like two voicemails and then was basically crying all last night. I was finally ready to be happy and it just got taken away from me"