Four

"Get up. You're meeting your new partner today." Pierce slapped me awake. 

"What partner?" I asked as two men pulled me up.

"You'll see." He said as we walked out of the lab and across the road to a bank. 

We took an elevator to a lower level of the bank and walked through several gates until we reached him. If HYDRA hadn't wiped my memory again last night, I would've recognised the man in front of me as Bucky. My Bucky. My precious and terrible dancer, Bucky, from the 1940's. Except I didn't recognise him at all.

Alexander Pierce spoke the trigger words and the two of us went into the trance that allows us to become the Winter Soldier. 

"My two Winter Soldiers. You will be working with each other to take down Captain America." He said. "Carter, meet Barnes. Barnes, meet Carter." 

We looked at each other and then back at Pierce. 

"Gotov podchinit'sya." We said in sync, which meant 'ready to comply' in Russian. 

"Now remember, no survivors." Pierce told us and we went off on our mission. 

HYDRA gave us our supplies and we approached the docking bay where all the planes were being held. Barnes went one way and I went the other while we blew up all of the aircrafts and the survivors. 

"Carter!" Barnes shouted at me.

He was pulling out a dead body from an aircraft and I ran towards it. I jumped in the passenger side and the two of us were flying up to the helicarriers. Barnes landed the aircraft and I scanned the area for Captain America. He was no where in sight but that was until he dropped out of the sky with another man and landed right in front of us. 

Within seconds, Barnes had pushed Captain America off the helicarrier and I went after the other guy with wings. He was shooting at me and since I wasn't bulletproof, I had to hide. While I was hiding, Barnes had ripped off one of the wings and also pushed him off the edge. 

"The control room." Barnes said and I nodded.

We had reached the control room and waited for Captain America to arrive. It didn't take him long so we both waited on different sides of the bridge. 

"People are gonna die, Buck. I can't let that happen." Cap said to Barnes. "Please don't make me do this. 

Once I heard the shield hitting something, I knew a fight had already begun. I heard someone yell and then saw Barnes and Cap fall over the railing. I decided it was time to join the fight. I jumped over the railing and landed on top of Captain America, making us both lying on the platform.

"Seriously, Kat?" Cap said.

It was two against one. Our mission was going to be complete with these odds. I stood up and Barnes and I started attacking Cap. All was going well but then Barnes accidentally punched me instead of Cap and knocked me out. I didn't think I was out that long but I woke up when I heard and agonising scream. I looked over and saw the helicarrier was exploding, Cap was up on the bridge and Barnes was trapped.

The helicarrier was falling out of the sky while being shot at and the three of us were probably going to die on it. I got up and saw Cap was making his way over to Barnes. I ran over and starting punching Cap. He was my mission and I still had to complete it. I wasn't going to die without knowing the mission hadn't finished. Cap had tossed me aside like I was nothing and then went to help Barnes. He lifted the part where Barnes was stuck underneath and let him out.

"You know me." Cap said and I watched and Barnes punched him in the face.

"No, I don't!" Barnes yelled.

"The mission must be completed!" I shouted. 

"Come on, Kat. Bucky, you've known me your whole life." Cap sighed.

The three of us were exhausted but now wasn't the time to quit. I had a job to do. I realised I had a knife in my pocket and started attacking Cap with it.

"Your name is James Buchanan Barnes and you're Katherine May Carter." Cap told us.

"Shut up!" Bucky screamed.

"Don't listen to him, Barnes! We must finish the mission!" I yelled. 

"I'm not gonna fight. You guys are my friends." Cap dropped his shield and it fell out of the helicarrier. 

Barnes roared and jumped on top of Cap. "You're my mission!" He said in between punches.

I watched Barnes attack Captain America. The mission was going to be completed. 

"Then finish it. Because I'm with you til the end of the line." Cap replied as his face swelled up. 

Barnes had stopped punching and lowered his arm. Suddenly, part of the helicarrier broke off causing Captain America to fall into the water below. Barnes held on with one hand and I pulled him up. He let him go.

"The mission!" I shouted.

As the two of us went down with the helicarrier, we had no idea what was coming next. I managed to escape from the collapsing aircraft but I had no clue where Barnes went.