Chapter 3

"Dream butterfly, you look like my soul, and you look like the word melancholy."

-Pablo Neruda

𓀧𓀧𓀧𓀧𓀧𓀧𓀧𓀧𓀧𓀧𓀧𓀧𓀧𓀧𓀧𓀧𓀧

For the next few weeks, Mana had run a complete radar scan for each inch of the garden and excavated cautiously.

She had found nothing so far. Mr. Muto was worried that she was going too hard on herself with all these excavations and that too much time in the sun would make her sick. Still, the stubborn woman refused to stop.

"Mana please, wear a hat under that blazing sun! Goodness, I don't know how you haven't gotten sick." Mr. Muto scowled at Mana as she gave him a sheepish smile.

"Don't worry Mr. Muto. I'm wearing sunscreen."

"That won't do Mana! Wear a hat for crying out loud!"

"But Mr. Muto!"

"No, that is final! I'm sick of watching you under that sun with nothing to protect you! You put a hat on this instance or so help me. I will move you to another department and assign someone else the excavation project."

With that Mana turned pale and quickly ran off to find an old piece of cloth to use as a hat, meanwhile, her excavation team looked at Mr. Muto in awe. They now knew to never mess with the old man.

It took her another week for her team to finally stumble on something. After a week of digging the team stumbled upon some sort of hidden deep passage or room.

"Eureka! We found something!" Mana screamed in delight as her team cheered. Marking the excavation site with a grid held by large nails, each excavation unit, or square, on the established grid is identified by a set of coordinates. Mana is extremely sharp and careful at her measurements.

She looks up at her team. The men look at her with wide smiles. "Call Mr. Muto! We found something and I'm willing to bet it's Pharaoh Seto's hidden secret! This is a huge step in uncovering Egyptian history gentlemen!"

Everyone cheered and soon a few of the team members ran off to find Mr. Muto. Listening to the exciting whispers among her team, Mana could not help but frown at where the excavation site was marked.

She had not realized that this was the same spot where Yami whispered that a fig tree used to be there.

Yami.

Mana's frown deepened as she recalled that man.

He had not appeared in her life ever since that day. She was scared to ask Mr. Muto or CEO Kaiba if they knew him.

Perhaps she had dreamt him up.

She was exhausted that day and the heat could have played with her mind.

Looking down at the entrance of the deep tunnel Mana felt something pulling her towards it.

Mana's skin tingled as an intense heartache began. It was as if suddenly the atmosphere had changed.

Something was literally calling for her and she would be damn to just stand there like a fool. 

"Mana is it true?" Mr. Muto yelled excitedly from across the garden as he began running towards her. Mana turned around, "Yes Mr. Muto! We found a tunnel leading to a- Ah!"

It was as if some force pulled her leg and she fell into the hole. However to the others, they saw her slip from the edge of the sand.

"Mana!" her teammates and Mr. Muto screamed as sand fell down, covering the hole and trapping her inside.