Eight [ The Subtle Revelation ]

__________________________

_____________

_____________________

You were no match for the sniper as you tried to fight him alone. You were too bruised and injured, broken and losing a lot of blood as he threw you off of him before he stormed out of your reach. Despite of struggling with your feet, you surged after him with the last of your strength.

"Stop!", you called as he stepped out of the front door, and you stumbled after him, one knee buckling as you reached the threshold. You dragged yourself back up, but fell again as he lifted his shotgun, searching for his prey through the swaying of the weeds in the field.

He spotted him in the right turn, the first gunshot whistled through the air like a wind.

"Niki, hide!", you scream out in panic, trying to break the sniper's sense of focus but it was no use.

And he could see Niki running a zigzag to avoid the bullet, his hands up against his ears, but as soon as the second shot started, his steps falters, slowed and stopped as he could feel the pain in his leg shotting up the pain through his core. His hands slipped from his head, falling down his leg to stop the blood from gushing out.

"No, please", you say as you tried to stand again, but couldn't. You knelt there helplessly, watching the red point of the laser drift onto the center of Niki's temple as he slowly faced the sniper. When your Aunt is humming a song, you felt peace. But when this fourth killer tunes in a remarkable lullaby for a kid to sleep with, you felt like you were breaking apart, dissolving into the hold of the darkness once again.

Somewhere beneath the heat and pain, you remembered the call of K - the mention about Niki not answering their calls, and none of it mattered because you were already falling.

Falling to the call of the old you.

The sniper stopped training his gun on Niki, and he stood there, a few paces away, his expression lost beneath the blaze of red light now turning in your face. "Take him, and I will be merciful"

"No"

He smirked darkly. "You, too, have sinned, Y/N", he begun. "Sinned agaisnt your own friend from the past and against our cause", his words forced their way into your fracturing mind. "You have such potential. We will do great things with Jay and Sungchul. But first you need to prove yourself. Now stand up"

You rose, shaking, to your feet. Pain curled through your body and drifted like steams from your limbs. "Jake, enough!", you shouted to him in disbelier, your heart lurching in your chest. "I am not a master like you"