Chapter 50. The Final Task ☾

A/N: I am really sorry guys, I have not updated in a while my exams and I got good marks (yay)😋. But the worst part is I wrote three chapters but phone had some problem and all those got deleted I don't have my phone since then..Its all glich and galaxy screen so I updated from my mom's phone and I can't update frequently sorry I talked a lot but here is the chapter...❤ ♡

⚝──⭒─⭑─⭒──⚝

School went on as usual. Between finishing the second task, training with Professor Snape and Sirius, and school work, Harry had plenty on his plate. He did not need the added drama of finding Barty Crouch Sr. dead in the woods. Draco had gone with him to tell Dumbledore, and had stayed while Dumbledore went to meet with Mad-Eye and Fudge.

"So, he just left you here with his pensieve out? It just happened to be cued to the scene of Karkaroff's trial?" Draco queried as they walked over to the pensieve. Harry nodded.

"Your aunt's trial is in there, too." Harry added. Draco smirked.

"Oh, yes, Aunty Bella. I really do owe her one." Draco teased.

"One of what?" Harry asked. Draco rolled his eyes.

"A 'Favor'. She's the one who suggested to the Dark Lord that he use me to get back at my father. She's basically the one who told my mum to offer me to the Dark Lord in service. I never agreed to be marked, she basically forced it down my throat." Draco said as he looked longingly at the bowl of memories standing before him. He sighed.

"You really shouldn't go in, Draco. I know you want to see her comeuppance, but that trial is over what she did to the Longbottoms. Had I known, I would not have gone in to view the memory. It's an invasion of Neville's privacy." Harry said chidingly. Draco nodded in understanding.

"I see your point." Draco confessed as he walked away from the pensieve and over to Dumbledore's desk. Harry followed.

At that time, the headmaster walked into his office once again. Fudge and Moody had already left. Dumbledore quirked an eyebrow at the boys and then looked over at the pensieve. How had two curious boys managed to resist the temptation of what lay behind those silvery waters?

"Harry, did you get a chance to view the memories in the pensieve?" Dumbledore asked. Harry shook his head.

"No, sir. I was not given permission. It would be an invasion of privacy for me to do so." Harry said patronizingly. Dumbledore looked surprised.

"Oh, but it's all okay. I want you to view the memories. Go ahead." Dumbledore tempted. Harry shook his head.

"No thank you, sir. Whatever is in there, I don't need to see it. After all, we both know it's rather pointless, is it not?" Harry asked. "I die either way. I fight him whether I know this information or not. It's useless for me to waste my time learning everything I can if my only goal in life is to die at the right time."

"Harry, I still want you to know this. It is important..." Dumbledore argued. Harry stopped him.

"What's important, Headmaster, is that I make time for my friends and keep my grades up. Anything else can be run through my godfather. If he feels that it is important for me to know, he will tell me. Otherwise, keep it to yourself. I don't need the added pressure or weight of knowing something that no kid should know. Good night, sir." Harry finished and stomped off. Draco smirked, nodded his head to the headmaster in fake respect, and left as well.

"That was brilliant!" Draco said once they were headed toward Gryffindor tower. Harry blushed.

"I don't need to see it, anyway. I already know what's in it. I didn't want to see it again. I only had to come up with a reason why I shouldn't see it, and all my problems were solved."