Sick Day

A classic one shot that I've seen done a hundred times, and I'm going to do once more. Forgive me if this seems predictable. Here's some family fluff to make up for the sadness bomb I just handed y'all

I also wanted to thank the people who were writing super amazing and wonderful comments on the last chapter, and to say that although I wrote it from personal experience, I've been doing way better for the past five months or so. I hoped to share a story to both encourage anyone going through a similar experience, and to do so in the Clone Wars format so it's easier for me to write haha.

Anyway, back to the family fluff

Enjoy :)

Ahsoka woke up first, as per usual, but after ten, fifteen, twenty minutes, she heard no signs of Anakin, and they had to leave soon. Finally deciding it was worth it she knocked on his door, getting only a groggy reply.

"Master, we have to leave soon," She said through the door.

"Leave me alone Ahsoka, five minutes,"

"We have to leave in five."

"Go without me." Ahsoka heard him shift around in his bed, likely to turn in the opposite direction to avoid her voice. Sighing, she forced open the door to find her master looking just as sleepy as he sounded, wrapped up in his untucked bedsheets, grumbling.

"Come on, let's go." She was about to rip the sheets off him when she felt a tiny twinge of pain through their bond. Likely a headache, and knowing Anakin he wasn't planning on telling anyone, so if was up to her to make sure her master didn't overwork himself when he finally did get up. "Do you have a headache?" She questioned, leaning a little closer to him.

"It's nothing Ahsoka, just let me sleep, I'll be out in a couple minutes."

"No, no, you have a headache, no avoiding it now." She spread her hand across his forehead despite his protests. "You got your wish, you're not getting out of bed. You stay here and I'll get a med droid."

"Snips, just leave me alone, I'll be going to the council meeting just fine." He started sitting up in his bed just to be pushed back down by Ahsoka.

"I can handle the council meeting, just stay here and rest. I can lock your door from the outside if you'd prefer." She may not have all the same "mom instincts" that others like Padme or Shaak Ti did, but she knew how to keep Anakin down.

"Just let me go," Anakin complained, struggling against her tight grip. He may have been strong, but he wasn't particularly "in it" today.

"I WILL sand you, Anakin."

"Snips," He couldn't argue.

Safe to say, Anakin wasn't at that council meeting for fear of having sand in his bed and having to burn his sheets.

"Ahsoka, where is Anakin?" Obi-Wan asked when she walked in alone. He was the only council member who would actually use their names, not their titles.

"He's sick, masters, I told him I'd relay the information if he was well enough to go on the mission."

"How did you convince him to stay?" Obi-Wan was honestly proud that Ahsoka had managed to keep him in his room. Cautiously, Ahsoka answered.

"Well, I uh, I threatened to sand him if he didn't stay in bed." She gave a smirk and a chuckle.

"We have more important matters to attend to," Windu piped in finally. Always ruining the fun.

Anakin stayed in bed, and somehow let a medical droid check him over, to confirm that whatever bug he caught wasn't serious, but he should be kept in bed. Because of this and Ahsoka's resent exposure to him, the council voted to reassign the mission to a different master. She was happy about it, she didn't have to worry about Anakin overdoing himself while she was gone, and could watch over him. That is, until she woke up with a headache the next morning. Disregarding any of her own pain, she yelled across into the next room when she heard who was stirring. "Guess who caught your sickness!" Rang through the dorm.

To try and ease some of their boredom, Ahsoka brought her blanket into Anakin's bedroom and sprawled on his floor. They sat in relative silence most of the time, but occasionally someone would pipe in with an obscure comment, mostly Ahsoka.

"Personally I'm glad I'm not the chosen one. I can hardly make myself breakfast, I don't need that kind of responsibility." 

"I can attest to that," Anakin said, sprawled out on his bed in the same manner as Ahsoka on his floor. "I swear you can burn water."

"Hey I'm not the one who put foil in the microwave, at least I can make my own ramen."

"It was one time Ahsoka, and no one had told me I couldn't! It said to cover it, you cover things with foil when they're in the oven, why not the microwave?"

"Because science master, physics, conductivity, you know."

"No, I don't know, I forgot it all when I graduated." 

"You can't tell me you forgot physics and conductivity, you work on ships and reprogram battle droids." There was a clear hint of amusement in Ahsoka's voice.

"Fine, well I forgot anything that said 'don't put aluminum foil in the microwave' okay?"

They both ended the conversation with a chuckle. "So." Anakin said a few moments.

"So?"

"What about that boy from Onderon, Lux, was it?" He teased, still thinking that there was something to tease about.

"First of all, Lux? No the guy's a creep. Second of all, why do you need to know?" She kicked the frame of his bed to shake him as soon as she heard the answer.

"Ahsoka, I have to know what boys are interested in you so I can go run them through with my lightsaber." He gave a short "Woah" and a chuckle at the sudden movement of his bed.

"Well he's interested in me, but I'd rather join you on the lightsaber thing."

"Wait, why? I thought you liked him."

"Liked him? He kidnapped me and kissed me to keep me quiet, that's just awful."

"He did WHAT?" He instantly sat up in bed to stare her down.

"It was to keep our cover, don't worry." She was trying to keep him calm but it clearly wasn't working. "He's still bantha poop though."

"When this is over do you want to go injure him?" He asked, switching his angry face to a mischievous one.

"At least put sand in his bed."

"You can do that, I'll go injure him." Anakin fell back onto his bed with a thump, contemplating the best way to kill this boy.

"Ever the big brother."

Okay I thought the conversation was pretty funny, sorry if that wasn't fluffy enough after the last chapter. ANyway, wish me luck I have to go back to school tomorrow after my week of spring break. The pain is real.

Have a good day/night/whatever and I'll see you when I see you :)

                                                                                                                -AB