02 - cafe disaster

"Do I want to remember? Wouldn't it be easier to not know?"

"You guys are pranking me, right?" I asked the boys who looked just as shocked as I was after reading the note.

"Yeah of course. I went to the pet shop and bought you a goldfish and then magically teleported into your house, and never got caught when I returned back to the campus."

Jimin let out in one breath, sarcasm lacing his tone.

"Maybe it's her angel..." Taehyung voiced his answer, staring at the tiny fish.

"Yeah as if. You guys really do believe in that stuff, don't you?" I scoffed as I rolled my eyes.

"Guardian angels aren't supposed to always interfere in trivial matters, I don't get it..."

It was Hoseok this time, completely ignoring what I said.

I really didn't want to admit that it might've been my angel, because that's dumb and guardian angels don't exist.

"Maybe it is for Byeol." I told them, shrugging as I kept the small paper back onto the table.

"Weren't you the one who made that excuse about having to feed your goldfish when I asked you about the party?" Jimin asked, one perfect eyebrow cocked up as he looked at me.

"Yeah well..."

"We got to take care of Daphne anyways," Taehyung cut in, picking up the bowl so he was eye level with the fish swimming inside.

"Hi there!" He greeted it.

The poor fish got scared and shied away to the opposite corner as quickly as possible.

With a sigh, Taehyung put the bowl back on the table.

°°°

The bowl fell from my hands at the sight in front of me.

An unusually handsome male, clad in a whole black outfit, sat in front of me on the dining table as I was just about to sit down as well.

"Wh-who are you?!"

Instead of replying to my shocked form, he waved his hand to the kitchen as the broken remnants on my cereal bowl flew on their own and dumped themselves into the dustbin.

The hell did I just see?!

"Tsk tsk. Quite the clumsy one, aren't you? There I cleaned it up."

His smooth honey-like voice matched his face.

"No thank you?" He looked in my eyes, amused.

"Thank you.. "

"Yeah it's fine. It's my job to take care of you. Atleast for the time being." He waved his hand in a casual manner.

A tip of a tattoo peaked out from his arm sleeve.