Mystique 3

3. Cosmo

"So Suki, right? Is that your full name?" Raia asked.

Suki gave a disapproving gesture before munching on her meatloaf. Without taking her eyes off the plate, she scooped a minimal amount of mac n cheese.

"Natsuki."

"Alright then, Natsuki."

She shifted on her seat. "I prefer being called Suki."

Raia smiled sheepishly. "My bad. Okay now tell me Suki, what do you want to know?"

She pouted her lips on the direction of her wrist. Luckily, Raia being the intellectual that she is managed to understand what she meant.

She confidently shoved her charm bracelet into Suki's face, allowing her to take a closer look at the glowing white crystal.

"The power of Quartz is focused on cleansing so it gives us the power to heal illneses or wounds within the human body."

"That's so cool!" Suki raised her eyebrows with interest.

"I think so too!"

Raia then raised a knife from the table, strongly wrapping her fingers around the blade in a horrifying manner.

Suki gaped at her when she saw the blood dripping down her arm all the way down her dress. She stood up with tissues in hand ready to aid when Raia opened her hands in her face, revealing her palms unscathed.

It almost feels like she was being tricked by her own eyes. If not for the blood stain on Raia's dress, she would've declared her as a magician by now.

"Damn..." She whispered in shock.

Raia giggled. "Oh! How I love seeing reactions like that especially from a newbie like you. It makes me feel accomplished!"

"Are you not?"

"Among the abilities, I could say my crystal receives less recognition. It's not like we're mistreated but... I guess that's just how I feel," She pouted. "Now that you're here, I suddenly feel proud of my abilities, you know?"

Suki's forehead creased. "As you should. Healing others is not a common power, you're literally a walking miracle to me."

"How sweet of you!"

"How many crystals were there anyway?"

Suki wrinkled her nose as she took a sip of her lemonade without keeping her eyes off Raia who excitedly retrived a medium sized book.

Raia placed it to Suki's advantage. At the empty space in front of her plate, flipping the cover with such grace like her life depends on it.

"Originally, there were seven. We have Sapphire, Amber, Emerald, Jasper, Quartz, and Amethyst."

"What happened to that one crystal?"

She looked sideways before leaning in to whisper. "It was called crystal Obsidian. I heard it was destroyed since the crystal displayed harmful powers. Our tutors forbid us to talk about that so let's just focus on the others."

"Alright..." Suki trailed off, surprised at the sudden change of atmosphere.

"Here. This is crystal Sapphire," Raia pointed at a picture from the book. "It's the main source of peace and aquatic force in this world. Jokingly, we call the sorcerers under this crystal as diplomats since they serve as the peace keepers of this realm."

"Now it makes sense." Suki nodded.

She winked at her. "This is crystal Amber. Sorcerers under this crystal have the ability to interact and morph into animals. Cool right?"