My Revenge

Aurelia must be the soul person in the world who could make the colour grey glamorous.

The sweaters she wore, the smoke that left her lips as she smoked, how her eyes lit up-

Daisy was convinced that the next time she was at a campfire she just may swoon as she saw the smoke fill the air. Overwhelmed with thoughts of the French witch.

Tom had broken up with Daisy. It was fine. Perfectly fine.

But a burden of the beautiful was a constant sense of shame.

Had her beauty worn out? Would she ever be enough to keep someone, anyone happy?

Her value was her beauty. Was she suddenly worthless? Why hadn't he wanted her?

She had hardly wanted him.

That didn't matter though.

It didn't matter that when he touched her she'd time it. Count to five hundred in her head before seemingly erupting in pleasure.

It felt good to be wanted. To have this control over him. To go to slug clubs on his arm. Sit next to Aurelia. Gossip with she and Abraxas.

Wonder at the nature of Aurelia and Alastor's friendship.

Try not to blush too deeply at Aurelia's comments.

"Why did you never talk to me before?" Daisy would wonder aloud, trying valiantly to braid Aurelia's main of curls.

Aurelia had been quiet for a moment before saying,

"You reminded me of the sun and the sky, Daisy, made me flustered." She said. Daisy hadn't physically been able to speak for thirty minutes. Glad Aurelia had brought a book.

Daisy thought about the words all night.

"Dahlia," she whispered, opening the curtains to her best friends bed, removing her cat themed eye mask,

"Die."

"It's Daisy,"

"Headache?"

"No."

"Die twice." Said Dahlia, reaching for her eye mask. It was silk, and she was rather proud of it. The eyes were enchanted to blink and everything.

"Riddle dumped me." She said quickly.

"I know." Said Dahlia, as Daisy climbed into her bed, sitting near the edge as Dahlia stared at the ceiling as though asking god what game he was playing at sending her such a nuisance of a best friend.

"Yeah, but, but I don't feel anything."

"Then he did you a favour. I'll help you make a card for him in the morning." Said Dahlia sleepily. "Go to sleep."

"Dahlia?"

"What?" She groaned.

"I think I like Taschereaux."

"Yeah I like her too, always with the smelling like peppermint. You know I've been meaning to talk to you about expanding your social circle."