Something In The Snow

Yerim just wanted to have a good time.

Midterms are stressful enough, essays are a pain in the ass, and her life is very close to becoming a mundane existence. So of course, she follows along with her friends' plan of a good time. So there she is, in a club, dancing to music that is faster than her usual tempo of songs, drinking and laughing with vodka shots and long islands that are blended a bit stronger than usual, Yeojin and her other friends spending longer than usual in the dance floor. Her feet aching through her pumps, but she's enjoying so it's fine.

"Jaehyuk is looking at you again," Jinsoul yells through the loud music, the group of slightly intoxicated girls whip their heads in the direction of the man.

He catches Yerim's eyes which she responds to with a polite nod.

"Who's he? He's cute."

"Yerim's stalker."

Yerim sighs, "I already told him I swing for the other team."

"Still not giving up?"

"Nope, even when I lied about having a girlfriend."

It's not that he's completely awful, if anything, he's a sweet friend that occasionally gives her flowers. They went on a date once, after Yerim couldn't find anyone and her active thoughts convinced her that maybe she's been misreading her sexuality the whole time. Jaehyuk was a cute guy who expressed interest, so she went to test the waters. And in her conclusion, she just doesn't think of him like that. But his persistence to insert himself on her despite rejections is just very uncomfortable.

Yerim turns away, hoping he'll leave her alone tonight.

Spoiler alert: He doesn't.

She feels him anticipating her when she left the lady's toilet, already ready to block her on the way to her table, like a wall, a big tall jet black-haired wall with a heavy scent of aftershave. Her head was already aching because of the loud music, and the situation is just adding up to her nerves.

So she walks the other way, getting even more frustrated and nauseous when she feels him following again.

Yerim tries to find a door to the outside or any escape she can partake.

Maybe jump out a window. Start a riot for distraction. She is willing to do anything to escape another conversation. Please not today. She's here to let off steam. Not to get more stressed.

In the end, her escape came in a form of a pretty girl by the bar.

To be honest, Yerim had been looking at her since she went into the club. She was pretty and pretty much hard to miss, she remembers being slightly amused by how she practically winced at every loud noise, which made no sense as to why she went to a club that inevitably have loud music and loud people.

But Yerim wasn't here to judge, and sober Yerim would never straightforwardly approach a pretty girl. So she let herself get dragged to get drinks and forget about the girl.

But seeing the girl again after all night sends whiplash to her brain.

And now with with alcohol blurring every line of rationality, she confidently strides to the pretty girl's stool and turns her.