Chapter 2. Memories.

There is a hallway that is completely white, there are a few doors along the walls but other than that is it empty.

I continue walking and turn the corner, I see a blonde boy, I run up to him and hug him, "Hello love, I was just looking for you" the boy says, "Well Newtie, I missed you" I said hugging him. "Come on, they are waiting for us" Newt says and leads you through one of the doors.

"Get in" he says more forcefully, "What no Newt why?" I ask slightly scared, "Get in now y/n get in!" Newt shouts and I step into the glass cylinder, I watch as Newt begins to press some buttons on a computer and then the cylinder begins to fill with water, "What Newt stop please help me let me out!" I shout banging my hands against the glass to no avail. The water is rising.

"It's what needs to be done" Newt says and he leaves. I take in a final breath as the water rises above my head, I begin to bang on the glass and scream for help and then I pass out.

My eyes shot open and I take in a few deep breaths, what was that, I think part of it was a memory but part of it was a dream? I ask myself, my head is extremely sore so I decide some fresh air might be a good idea.

I sit up, put on my boots and head outside, I decide to just take a walk around the glade, it's very peaceful at night, and then I hear it, whirr, click, click, the noise seems be to be coming from outside the walls of the glade, I decide to climb up to the lookout point in the tree even though the walls are much taller, I sit down leaning against the tree trunk sticking out from the center of the lookout point.

I look around and I spot someone walking out of the homestead, oh gosh I hope I didn't wake anyone up from my nightmare, it's still dark so I can't see who it is very well but they seem to be walking in my direction. I decide to stay quiet and see what happens, the boy walks over and starts to climb the ladder, I peek over the edge and I can see that the boy is actually Newt. A smile comes to my face but is gone rather quickly when I remember my dream.

Newt reaches the top of the ladder and climbs up, "Oh hello green bean, I didn't know you were up here" Newt says scratching the back of his neck, "Hello Newt, yeah I couldn't sleep" I say as Newt sits down beside me his arm rubbing off of mine in the process, "Nightmare?" He looks at me, "Yeah.." I respond pulling my knees into my chest, "Don't worry, we all get them sometimes, do you want to talk about it? I mean sometimes it helps" Newt said with a kind smile, "Ok, well umm I was walking down this hallway and then umm I turned the corner and you were there and you took me into this room and made me go into this glass cylinder and well, it started filling up with water and you walked away and left me there" I say frowning looking at the ground, "Green bean, I would never do that to you, I'm sorry, I wont let anything happen to you don't worry" Newt says as he opens his arms offering me a hug, I lean into his open arms and hug him, something about this moment seems so familiar, hugging Newt.

"Wait!" I say remembering more of my dream, "What is it? What's wrong?" Newt asks slightly concerned, "Y/n" I say proudly, "My name is y/n" I announce, "That's great! We can tell everyone else in the morning" Newt says hugging me again, I realize that the moon is still high in the sky and that it won't be morning for a while.

I lie down beside Newt and begin looking at the stars, "What are you doing love?" Newt says and I can feel the heat rise to my cheeks at the nickname, Newt lies down next to me, "I'm just looking at the stars" I say as Newt looks up at the stars also, "I wonder if there's someone somewhere looking up at the stars at this same moment and thinking about me" I say as I turn my head to look at Newt who is still gazing up at the stars, "I wonder if I have any family, any family that misses me" I continue and look up at the stars again, "I'm sure they are out there somewhere and I'm sure they want to see you again" Newt says and I can feel his gaze on me.

I sit up, "Let's go for a walk" I say as I stand up and extend my hand to help Newt up, he stands up and we begin going down the ladder, "Where do you want to walk love?" Newt says and a small giggle escapes my mouth, "What? What are you laughing at" Newt says raising and eyebrow at me, "Nothing Newtie" I say smiling, "Newtie?" He says smiling, "What, you have a nickname for me so it's only fair I have one for you too" I say smiling, "Come on" I say and I take hold of his hand before he can say anything else and we begin to walk into what Alby called 'The deadheads', the forest basically, "Where are you taking me?" Newt says swinging our arms, I look down at our intertwined fingers and smile, "Honestly, I don't know, I've only been here one day after all, let's just see where we end up" I say walking through the deadheads.

After a while of walking I can see a small clearing up ahead, "Have you been here before Newtie?" I ask smiling at him, "No, actually, I haven't gone this far in before" Newt answers and we step into the clearing and I see that there is a small lake in the clearing, "What the.. how have we never bloody spotted this before" Newt says I laugh as I let go of his hand and walk over to the edge of the lake, I gently feel the water and create a ripple in the water, "We should make this our spot" I say looking at Newt, "Sure, this is really beautiful, like you.." Newt says whispering the last two words under his breath, "Ok but we can't tell anyone it'll be our little secret" I say smiling at Newt.

I lean against a big tree at the edge of the clearing, Newt sits down next to me, I lean my head against his shoulder, and before I know it, I fall asleep.

~Newt Pov~

Y/n leans against my shoulder and before I know it she's fallen asleep, she looks so beautiful in the glow of the moon, I lean down and gently kiss her head, "Goodnight love" I say quietly and lean my head against hers gently, and then I fall asleep.

~~Authors note: I think this chapter is really cute. I hope you enjoyed it.
I did a little Newt pov so let me know if you enjoyed that, I know it's short but I might do more in Newts pov in the future chapters, ok that's all.~~