001

𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗖𝗬 𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗥 hated this drive all the way to Wellsbury, Massachusett to the new temporary family and didn't want to go there, but here she was sitting in a mini van with one of the social workers ladies Cassandra Knight. Mr. Knight was the only gave a damn about Persephone since she first came to the center all the other workers were assholes with sticks up their ass.

Percy hadn't talk since the drive started just stared out the window to busy thinking about jumping out of the moving car and start running the opposite direction from their destinations. It was taking all her strength not to do it.

And when I mean all her strength... I mean all.

Cassandra Knight looked over quickly at Percy to see she was looking out the window, which she had been doing for hours and sighed.

"Percy you know you might just end up liking this family if you give them a chance.'' Cassandra said softly

"Here's the thing I don't want to give them a chance,'' Percy tilted her head to the side to narrowing her eyes at Ms.Knight half because the sun was hitting her eyes and the other reason because she was getting annoyed quickly with the conversation. "I was fine being alone, I can take care of myself."

Cassandra sighed again"You may think that, but your still a teenage girl and a minor you need people to take care you,'' Cassandra pulled over quickly to the side of the road so she could look straight at Percy. "and this family seems perfect enough for you, they have children so you won't just be alone and you'll go to a new school and make all kinds of friends Percy.''

Percy's narrowing glaze turn into straight glaring at this point."I don't want to go to a new school and I don't need new friends I had some good friends before.'' Percy spat out angrily.

"First of all I'm gonna need you to tone down the attitude," Cassandra said glaring right back at her. "and second of all you mean those kids who would get you high and sneak you out past curfew, the kids who didn't give a damn about you and would use you to do their bidding or steal stuff those kids.'' Cassandra snorted and let out a dry laugh.

Percy just let out a little huff and slumped back in her seat and looked straight forward with tears in her eyes.

"Percy," Cass whispered softly feeling guilty for being a little harsh. " Look I'm just looking out for you, I only have your best interests at heart."

Percy looked back over at Cassandra "If your so worried about me having a family why can't I just live with you or adopt me so you won't have to worry anymore.''

'I would if I could Percy but my living arrangements aren't the best, also I'm barely home,'' Cassandra states staring back at Percy. "so that's why it's great they have kids so you won't be alone."

Persephone sigh quietly and looked back ahead "How long will I be there."

"Until their is more room back in the center again or maybe they might even fully adopt you."

"Don't jinx it please."

Cassandra starts back the car up and heads off.

Chuckling "I'm telling you Percy your gonna love it there, you might even find special someone if you know what I mean.'' Wiggling her eyebrows

Percy starts pretending to throw " Oh gosh ew I hope you don't think I'm gonna fall in the L- word."

"The L-word?" Cass raised a eyebrow

"Yes the L-word," Percy kept pretending to gag. " I'm deadly allergic to the actual word, if you say it I could literally die."

"Their is nothing wrong with being in
lo—''

Percy slapped her hands over her ears quickly " Are you trying to kill me gosh I knew you wanted to get rid of me but this is low."

Cass rolled her eyes "Your being over dramatic Percy, you could find a soulmate."

"I'm not being over dramatic I just don't want to L- word somebody and I don't believe in all that soulmate shit."

"Watch your language"

"Sorry," Percy started talking real softly. "but I just don't want to be L-word with anyone most of the time it only brings you heartbreak." Tears started to fill in Percy's eyes but she didn't want to let any out "I thought my mom loved my dad and that they were perfect for each and that nothing could break them apart and look where that leaded to, her cheating on him and leaving him."

"Leaving me." Percy let out quietly

Cassandra looked over and sighed "That was your mom, but your a different person Percy your not like her, your better and she missed out on you growing as the beautiful strong girl you are now."

Percy just shook her head softly as if agreeing but deep down she was thinking about how unlucky and unspecial she was.

After a couple of minutes of silence Percy said.

"Will you at least vist me once and a while and not just forget about me like I was just some child you were trying to get rid of Ms. Knight?''

"Of course as long as you give the family a chance," Cass voice going serious " I mean it no bad behavior or stepping out of line Persephone."

"Do you understand?"

"Yes i understand, you have my word scouts honor." Raise up her hand and smiling sarcastically

Cassandra just laughed and shook her head and kept driving until they reach there destination.

★☆★☆★☆★

    About an hour later they arrived in
front of the house, it was a light gray house, two stories, the lawn looked beautiful it had a little garden of flowers in the front the grass looked freshly and it basically just looked like one of those perfect homes you only see in the movies.

Cassandra parked the car and looked at Percy "This is it Persephone, you ready?"

"Definitely not" Still glazing at the house

They both got out and Cassandra started heading up to the door but Percy stayed back she saw a boy around her age skateboarding past her, they locked eyes for a quick minute. Percy had to admit he was a good looking boy, she was about to open her mouth and say hello until

Cassandra yelled out."Persephone are you coming or what?!"

That snapped Percy out of the staring competition real quick " Yea, yea I'm coming." She mumbled she looked back to see if he was still there but once she turned back to see he was already gone. Percy sighed quietly and looked back up at the house and whispered .

"Welp Percy this is you new home for now we might as well make the most out of it"

Author Note:
*Sorry it took me a while to write this chapter I've been busy.

*Also let me explain the temporary home thing for this story so no gets confused on top of that I made this up I don't know really if this is how some temporary homes things work but this is a fiction story so I'm just making it up as I go along but anyways.

*The center Percy is at is full and they need to take some kids out like put them in other centers or temporary homes until they get unfull then she could probably go back. But the family volunteered to watch her that's why she's temporary and not permanently living there unless they or someone adopts her.